any good kung fu movies

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shortfuse, Dec 21, 2003.

1. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Short, I enjoy: The Buddhist Fist, Stranger from Shaolin (good Wing Chun stuff, but where do those swords come from Choy Li Fut???), Warriors 2, Dance of the Drunken Mantis, Five Deadly Venoms, and the new Iron Monkey.

Have not seen "Hero" yet. Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

3. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Too right! Thanks, CKava.

4. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

snake in the eagles shadow is #1, 5-deadly venoms, 5-fingers of death, Lone wolf and cub, Born Invincible (#1).... drunken master, the list goes on and on....

5. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

master of the flying guillotine is ol school!!!! Good call on that one!

6. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Ok, here are some to consider (some have been on people's lists... other's haven't).

- Fist of Legend - Jet Li - Top notch fight action
    - Ong Bak - It's a Thai film who fight action is some of the best I've seen... hard to find though.
    - Meals on Wheels & Dragon's Forever - Jackie, Yuen Bao, Sammo,
    - 36 Chambers of Shaolin - Gordon Lau at his best (going to see this one the big screen tonight)
    - Budda Fist - Classic
    - Shaolin Temple
    - Iron Monkey - Donny Yen, 'nother great film
    - Drunken Master (I and II)
    - Fearless Hyena
    - Blood Brothers

On the more strange side
    - The Magical Fighters & Drunken Shaolin (rereleased as Drunken Wu Tang) - Two strange, strange Yuen brothers films. See what Wo Ping was doing way before the matrix. Some crazy and funny stuff.

- Matt

7. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

8. Topher

Topher allo!

Kung Pow: Enter The First. Very funny.

- Jackie Chan Films
    Snake In Eagles Shadow
    Drunken Master
    Young Master
    Dragon Lord
    Fearless Hyeana
    Wheels On Meals
    All Police Story films esp. Pt 1&2
    Mr Nice Guy
    Rumble In Bronx
    Who Am I

The Magnificent Butcher (Sammo Hung)
    Once Apon A Time In China (Jet Li)

9. Charlie85

Charlie85 New Member

:p

shaolin vs lama has nice fightin on it.and some other filmos from the same collection (the kung fu connection)

10. Topher

Topher allo!

I belive that take was in the Young Master, during the fan fight (pure class btw) when he throws the fan around are catches it again, like a boomerang.

No one has mentioned the Shaw Brothers.

11. xuande

xuande New Member

I thought Shaw brothers was just a given. Seriously though the vast majority of their stuff is really good. Who can forget such classics like Master Killer and Shaolin vs Ninja. The best Jet Li movie I've seen has to be Fist of Legend. Hero is more of an artsy film, though Jet Li's fight with Donnie Yen is pretty spectacular. I haven't seen it yet but Drunken Monkey is supposed to be very good. The Magnificent Butcher has some spectacular choreography, if nothing else to see Sammo Hung its amazing someone that big can be so athletic. I'll give some more props to Donnie Yen's Iron Monkey. That should get you started

12. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

I recommend "The Hand of Death" - Jackie Chan, directed by John Woo before he got into guns.
    And "Duel to the Death" - Bizarre flying ninjas and plenty of sword fights.. oh, and an unforgettable ending.

13. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

More humour / martial arts.. "One Armed Boxer" and "Shaolin Soccer".