American Parkour

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by slipthejab, Jul 5, 2006.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

For all you Parkour fans... you may know it... but if not... it's a pretty good resource. It's got a good amount of info and it's even got a WOD... anyone who's spent time on Crossfit will know how much fun they can be. ;)
    Enjoy. :)

http://www.americanparkour.com/

2. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Instead of sparring (i was the only one that showed up) last night my SiHing asked me to show him some parkour :D Being so damn tall he just stepped over the obstacles I had to jump or climb. Now that a couple of the guys from kung fu are keen we may be going for a run before some classes. :cool:

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Id love to do some Parkour here in NZ, but from my searches I haven't been able to find anybody here doing it. Maybe i should go to the US or UK and do some Parkour there.

4. Wax

Wax Valued Member

We have a kiwi on the Sydney Parkour forums. Check them out, he might know of a crew in your area.

5. StevC

StevC New Member

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

There is nothing stopping you and your mates from getting out and having a go. There are probably a wealth of places that you can have fun at it there in NZ... and I doubt there would be a shortage of people game to give it a go.

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Yeah man, might see if i can get a group together and we can have a muck around and see what we can do.

And Wax, whats your website? I might give this Kiwi guy a buzz see where he's at.

O and I found a NZ Parkour site, http://www.derailgear.com/forum/.
    Going to see if I can find some guys running in my area and go join them.

Might wait untill after the world champs though, don't wanna hurt myself :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006