Amateur Photography

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Sep 3, 2005.

1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Oooooooooohhhhhhhh.....
    Silly me. :)

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

A Rose.

[​IMG]

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Nice :)

Looks like it coulda beeen taken at F4.5 and 1/160 second - at ISO 80 even :Angel:

4. Topher

Topher allo!

Ooooooo look at Yoda with his tekky speak :D :Angel:

5. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

The Shaman figure at Seminole Canyon.

Attached Files:

6. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

It's blurry, I know

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  7. Topher

Topher allo!

Here one from an Oasis gig. Taken with camera phone so not really "photography" ;)

Notice the UFO :p

Attached Files:

8. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

aw damn. got me!
    I have a good excuse....but it can be used against me.
    Damn

All I can say is,

Nuh-uh!

9. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I've just started a photography course - I'm using the Nikon F75 SLR and just today finished my very, very first film and uploaded a few to a new photobucket account - please be gentle this is my very first batch of photos and I'm still trying to work out how the flippin' camera works! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Woah...how do I make it smaller sorry!

11. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Awesome pics.

SilatPupil, you should learn how to fix the colour range of your pics in Photoshop, it works wonders. Your pics are great, but they're lacking a little bit of colour definition, that's where P.S comes in.

take a look at those 2 attachments and you'll see what i mean by adjusting the colours

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  12. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

I'm wondering what type of camera gives the best result? You know, like what brand is it, digital or film? Personally I prefer film because I think the resolution isn't just the same. i mean it doesn't give that eerrmm..you know feel to it.

13. Topher

Topher allo!

You can change the resolution on a digital camera. Digital has so many advantages over film. I for one tend to be quite selective with film cos i dont want to waste the shots and have high developing costs. Film does have it's place of course.

14. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Here are a few of mine. These were all taken several years ago, I haven't had the time to devote to photography lately. The temple was taken with a Sony Mavica, 3.5 floppy, converted to BW. The shot of my wife in the pool was a Nikon something or other. F Series SLR. The BW of my wife shot with the same SLR. Both scanned from the negative. The color shot was professionally developed. The BW, I developed at home and then scanned the negative.

Wife BW
    Wife in pool
    Temple

15. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

A few more. The ones of my friend Buzzy were taken with a Sony DSC model camera and the BW of the beach with the same Nikon. The woman walking, with the Sony Mavica (I think it was an FD-75 or 95, can't remember.) Sold both of the cameras when the baby came along. Now have a Canon digital. happy so far, but going to get something in the 5 to 6 MegaPixel range later this year.

Buzzy
    Buzzy again
    End of the day
    Sunset at Kihim

16. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I shoot for a living... so I probably can't fit under the amatuer title.. but what the heck I'll post one anyhow.

Here's a fashion shot from a while back.

Details:
    Camera: Mamiya RZ67 Pro II
    Film / Media: Kodak E100 SW
    Filter or Filters: Cokin #027 81-B warm
    Lens: Mamiya RZ 110mm 2.8

Attached Files:

17. slipthejab

Here's another one of the same model with a different styling and shot later in the year (note difference in hair length)

For those interested both of these are shot using a very simple lighting setup using Elinchrom Studio flash heads.

Filter or Filters: Cokin #027 81-B warm
    Lens: Mamiya RZ 110mm

Attached Files:

18. slipthejab

And one more... this time a product shot.
    Here is a shot that was from a job a while ago. The client was an ad firm doing product launch work for a Japanese drinks manufacturer. The client wanted clean and simple. I don't figure I could have gotten much cleaner or much simpler. I tried to highlight the uniqueness of the frosted bottle and the fact that it had a clean lemon flavor. Please critique it and let me know what you think. If you don't like it let me know why. Note that the shot probably appeared with some type treatments on the ads or table tents. So the negative space on the upper right is intentional. I should note there is NO Photoshop work here other than one very slight blemish retouched out on the lemon.

(note the copyright is on this shot as it's the one that was e-mailed to the client for a quick approval - I can't be arsed to dig on my hard drive to find the one sans the copyright line)

Attached Files:

19. slipthejab

And here's one of my trainer from a championship fight several years back. Classic push kick. The guy he's fighting here is a bonafide killer. I'd never even get in the ring with a kid as hard as this Thai kid was... my trainer (Choy Tong Hiu) worked his tail off to pull of a victory here.

This was either shot on my old Nikon F4 or my N90s... and probably on Fuji film.

Attached Files:

• sifu.jpg
      sifu.jpg
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
  20. slipthejab

And to stop boring everyone... :D Here's one last one...
    ahh... the joys of photography!

Lens: Mamiya RZ 110mm 2.8

Attached Files: