allergy eyes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by rivend, Apr 10, 2011.

1. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Does anyone think this condition is acting up more this spring than usual? The sticky eyes and related symtoms.I just may be more sensitve but it just seems more severe than in past springs.
    And if you don't have this you should feel lucky.

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

For me it's the itchy throat that's apparently worse, however it is easy to forget the symptoms from the last years so i am unsure if it is actually worse or just perceived as so.

3. rivend

rivend Valued Member

We are getting some really strong winds lately this may be part of it.

4. 36chambers

36chambers Valued Member

i have the same thing in summer on the odd occasion where ive woke up and my eyes are stuck together with a yellow goo. only in summer though but i do constantly have the dry bits at the back of my eyelash. cant remember what its called though they gave me some eyedrops for it but didnt bother taking them as i dont like stuff in my eyes

5. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

I've really been struggling this week - took me a couple of days to realise the problem was the flowers I was given for Mothers' Day. They included lilies, which opened up around Wednesday and filled the house with pollen. My eldest has been suffering too, not helped by the fact that he stayed at his Nana's last night and Nana received a very similar arrangement which was........full of open lilies! Don't know why lily pollen is so vicious.......

6. SpikeD

Lillies give me the worst headaches, they make thinking straight really hard too. They don't bother the missus at all though, but then she hasn't got hayfever.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Not funny at all hayfever.

For me it is eyes and nose and starts really early in the season. Tablets control it fairly well, but one year I had the steroid injection. Not a sniff all year. Doctors don't like to give it though.

I am currently just waiting for tonight's tablet to start working.

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

9. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

I've had hayfever for nearly 30 years. It's not as bad as it was when I was at school (I had steroid injections over the summer exams for about 6 years) but it starts early. I had the first signs of it in March this year - tree pollen and rye grass are my worst triggers. Oh, and I'm allergic to cats and dogs, which makes living in a menagerie interesting.......

10. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Its bad this year allright ....nose eyes and asthma all kicking in ..

Smurf

11. SpikeD

Yes, definately not to be sniffed at. (sorry). I've had allergies for nearly thirty years, i was tested for allergies and found i'm allergic to almost every-bloody-thing (genuine hyphenated word that) including flower, shrub and tree pollen, grasses, fungi, cats, feathers, most rodents, dust, dust-mite etc. I take anti-histamines all year just to take the most severe symptoms away. However i did read in a journal recently that they may have a 'cure' available in a few years, it's currently in trial stage.

12. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

It's strange, I'm not getting anything other than the odd few sneezes. I guess I'm lucky that my hayfever really doesn't kick in anymore. I can't believe it went down to this from being so severe :/