All Strike human head 'Pad'

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Travess, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

My Club has just ordered a couple of the Quest all strike heads, and I wondered if anyone else had used them, and if so, how they got on with them, compared to a regular flat or curved surfaced hand pads...?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyswkEVTxI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyswkEVTxI[/ame]

Kind Regards,

Travess

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

That is so weird. it looks like "The Silver Surfer"

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah I've seen these around lately.
    It seems like a good gimmick but not used it myself though.

4. 47MartialMan

But a head on the shoulders does not move like a head on a hand

It maybe a sales gimmick to get "ahead" on new sales

5. Travess

Totally not gonna be able to picture anything else now, when laying in to 'Him'.

One concern that the video highlighted for me, is the strain the holder's wrist will be under, especially during hooks / slaps...

...I guess I'll find out! :thinking:

Regards,

Travess

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's a toy invented by somebody with too much time on their hands. For the pad holder it's going to be more difficult to use than a set of pads or mitts which can only hinder the guy/gal belting it.

Each head needs to come complete with a Frodo to practice lower section punches. Until then I can't see a single benefit and lots of disadvantages

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  7. Travess

Agreed, but as far as training aids go, a hand pad on a hand does not move like a head on the shoulders either, and they are still a commonly used tool. I think (hope) it will make it easier for the holder (assuming it doesn't knacker their wrists) as it removes the need to re-angle/move the pads, dependent the next incoming strikes.

:bang: :jester:

Kind Regards,

Travess

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  8. 47MartialMan

Correction, too much "head" on their hands

9. 47MartialMan

It seems to give people a "heads up"

10. Moi

I know it's only my dirty mind but....but...

Nah!!

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Seems alright, I'd get one, although I imagine they are extortionate.

12. Moi

If you glued a boxing glove to the side of it you could sell it on Ebay as an piece of art

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Lol

Yeah but neither does a focus mitt. I'm guessing its purely for aesthetic visualisation whilst striking the face.
    Like grappling dummies.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I like the look of that. Good for practicing pre-emotive strikes, slaps, eye jabs, chin jabs, ear slaps, etc.

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

But they're too streetz lethalz! :love:

I quite the look of that. It doesn't look like it would be a massive strain on the grip or wrist and it's an excellent visualisation tool that could realistically give you a half decent visual prompt with hooks and uppercuts an' such.

I reckon the price tag was fairly heavy though. Also I'm not sure I could resist putting a wig and make up on it.

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Well, I suppose it's one way to assuage the primal, undeniable desire that beats in every human breast to beat the crap out of a puppet.

17. 47MartialMan

If the people use good marketing of the product, they are headed in the right direction

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I don't think it's great as shown, but as PASmith says it's good for anatomical targeting. The Ghost guys use something similar in conjunction with a regular focus mitt to teach angling off and striking.

19. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Back in the early 80s I used to use the head of a mannequin which we would hold for each other and pracice eye jabs as the eyes moved and had eye lashes to lol,actually it was a great training aid and had a hard forehead/cheek area so we sharp learned how to eye jab full speed/power without hurting our fingers:)

20. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

They put a load of Ghost videos on the CSW subscription service this week and one thing I noticed with these pads is you don't need to change the hold, you've just got to hold it out there.