Affliction 2: Day of Reckoning (24 January)

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by callsignfuzzy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Pay-per-view lineup:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
    Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
    Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
    Paul Buentello vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

HDNet Fights lineup:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
    Mark Hominick vs. L.C. Davis
    Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
    Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

I'm a little disappointed that Buentello is on the main card while Lil' Nog vs. Vlady isn't. But I guess they can't all be great, huh? Still has some pretty decent fights on there.

2. ED-209

ED-209 Valued Member

where can this be viewed in the uk

i believe that the banned event was on bravo for free, but i missed it cos i didnt know about it

will day of reckoning be on bravo anyone?

3. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

recycled card.....i hope they sign more people...or not than affliction can dissolve and it's fighters can move to DREAM or UFC

fedor ftw.

4. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Such an amazing card, reminds me of a Shockwave, minus the freakshow match though.

I hope Affliction stick around, they've already got some great fighters and theres a few free agents floating around from Pro Elite that they could sign. Damn, four cards like this a year plus the good things the UFC is doing plus Dream gaining popularity=a very healthy MMA scene!

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I think Babalu is gonna get knocked out TKO'ed via GnP . . . . Soku has too much raw power/explosiveness IMHO.

6. ED-209

ED-209 Valued Member

wehay

9pm next sunday

free on bravo

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Wish this promotion still had more promotion though. I think at least the Heavyweight matchups are waaay more meaningful to the sport than perhaps any other promotion right now. At least on par with the UFC if not slightly edging it out.

More importantly than who wins the fights I hope this show makes a really good profit so that it can give great fighters snubbed by the UFC a home.

8. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

For anyone who missed the main event:

http://www.myvideofight.com/video/affliction/fedor-emelianenko-vs-andrei-arlovski/index.html

SPOILER

Well the emperor still reigns. He looked slow though. I think if AA had been more patient rather than trying to catch him with a flying knee he might of done alot better. He should have kept his distance and just outboxed him.

Vitor Belfor had an awsome knockout. Lindland Yvel was quite boring. Lindland showed good jujitsu through the first round but the second and third was just him sitting on Yvel unable to really use effective ground and pound or submissions.

I would really like to see a rematch with AA vs Fedor I think it ended to quickly.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think you mean Barnett, not Lindland

10. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

I think I meant that too.