Adult Only Section

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by NRees, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

[mutters] Won't comment, won't comment, won't comment [/muttering]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  2. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Wow, I'd love to meet her!

That would be a better idea than an adults only section. As Yoda said above age and maturity don't always go hand in hand.

Well said dude! Idiot section is a great idea! It could be like sin binning...trollish posters could be sent to the idiot section as punishment, then confined to it permanently for persistent offences. Great idea, can I help moderate it?

Seriously though guys, what phenomenon exists in martial arts that's so bad that you can't talk about it in front of young children? Fatal pressure points? We all know where the larynx is!!!

I think people get rid of their inferiority complexes when they start doing MA due to the atmosphere of respect for all members. I did anyway - used to get bullied a lot for being crap at sport, uncool, etc., and I'll be honest about it, it wrecked my self esteem. I have NEVER felt inferior to anyone in MA- less skilled certainly, but a different thing entirely to being inferior - I wouldn't go around thinking to myself 'I can't do spinning kicks like that 6th dan guy, boo hoo, I'm a worthless person I should be wiped off the face of the earth.' So I really don't think an adults only section is necessary.

Also forbidding someone from seeing something will usually only make them want to see it even more, and when they do finally see it they will be like the mobs of Iraqi men when Saddam was taken down, they will think 'Oh great, the forbidden information, let's have some fun with it!' and not treat it with the seriousness it deserves. That's definitely how some people would react anyway.

3. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

What do you mean exactly?

4. shotokanwarrior

I mean, there's some people who would see it as 'oh great, we get to know lethal moves(or whatever), wahey!' like stupid children rather than treating the subject with seriousness and care.

5. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

i don't see the link to iraqi men that you were making?

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I vote against it. If we start dividing MAP into sections and we end up with a senior citizens corner we'll have to start a pension fund for KC and YODA. I don't thinks MAPs budget stretches that far :p

7. shotokanwarrior

Same mentality. Going over the top because of new freedom or entering new territory.

8. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Not a very good comparison considering the current situation.

9. shotokanwarrior

Not the current situation dummy...you know when the American army *spits on floor* won the war and there was all that looting...people nicking things from hospitals even...now do you get me?

10. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

That would happen anywhere. ;)

11. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Don't call me dummy boy! Learn some respect! :woo:

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Calm it down people ;)

13. shotokanwarrior

You mean, don't call me dummy girl...

14. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Oh....sorry....couldn't really tell ;)

15. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

Yeah. Don't call him a girl, dummy.

16. trinitymatrix

trinitymatrix New Member

No adult section necessary here IMHO.

A bit more grown up behaviour maybe ;) :rolleyes:

17. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Just a gentle reminder from your friendly neighbourhood moderator...

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!

:bang:

18. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

NRees- If there was an AO section, you wouldn't be allowed to go in it for another year :rolleyes:
    and besides, what would you put in it? Martial arts sexy singles?

19. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

What part of NO don't you people understand? :rolleyes:

It ain't happening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.