A request

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by waya, Dec 5, 2008.

1. waya

waya Valued Member

An organization here in the states called Concerns Of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) is really trying hard to kick off a new way of supporting law enforcement officers currently serving, and remembering those who have fallen in the line of duty. The request is simple... Put up a strand of blue lights with your Christmas decorations. Or have a blue light somewhere on your home or in a window. I personally appreciate those that I see while I am on duty, especially at this time of year, as I have lost one uncle and 3 friends who died doing the job they loved. If allowed, I can link the graphic in explaining the program, or send it to one of the moderators.

Rob

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Link if you like - if you think it'd give support to the police officers out on the street and it isn't a commercial programme, go right ahead.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Great idea ... can I have the link anyway via PM
    Ta

SMurf:hat::hat:

4. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I like this idea. Is it happening only in the States, or are other countries participating too?

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Wow, a real blast from MAP's chatroom past!

I have no problem with a link to a worthy cause as long as it comes via us first, so go right ahead with a link if you wish.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What a good idea

7. waya

waya Valued Member

8. waya

waya Valued Member

It is something we are doing here, and I don't know that any other organizations are doing it. But I think I can speak for officers and family members everywhere when I say that it would be wonderful to see done everywhere. Officers all over the world do the same job and take the same risks, so I think it would be great to see it done in all countries.

9. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Nice to see you back Rob :) A worthy cause

10. waya

waya Valued Member

Thank you, I get a chance to pop in now and then, work and visitation with my son makes my schedule strange sometimes lol.