A big thank you to Andy, Fraser and Melanie.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Cooler, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

If you have been reading Melanies post on first class you will know that she is going to Andy Murray's Lau Gar class. Well the big event was last night (Thursday 4th July) myself and Forbes (ghostsuit) decided to go along and capture the event on camera :) which we did the photos will be up soon.

We had a great time and would like to take the time to thank Andy Murray for allowing us into his class, unfortunatly Andy had a bad accident right at the start of the class and tore his Achilles tendon. Fraser took over for him as Andy had to go the hospital, but not before we got some photos of him with Melanie and Myself. What a brave guy you would never know from the photos how much he was suffering, cheers Andy.

It was great to meet the lovely Melanie for the first time and hopefuly we shall get together again at another date. I have to say her Karate is of a very high standerd :D

I am realy happy to see this site doing what I hoped it would and that is bringing people together from all styles of Martial Arts.

Cooler

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Thanks.

Cooler,

it was a pleasure to have Melanie, Forbes and yourself at the club.

We hope you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

You are all excellent ambassadors for your arts.

thanks for taking it easy on me during sparring jack.!!

I'll keep quiet about forbes actually taking part in the training!! (oops)

Kind regards,

fraser.;)

3. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Thanks Greyghost now everyone will want to use me as a punching bag ;)

I just have to concur with Jack on how warmly we were recieved and that I'm personally over the moon to see that the site seems to be doing what we intended and bring people together.

As for partaking in the training I feel truely sorry for the guy trying to show me how to block and punch. I'm much better with a keyboard ;) Still it was damn good fun and thanks Melanie for trying to teach me the First kata from your Shotokan Karate.

Ghostsuit

4. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi Guys,

It was lovely to see you at the Kwoon.

Though I was absolutely gutted to have to bow out of class right at the start, I knew it was serious from the first instant.
    I am lucky to have such an experienced second in Fraser, who was able to continue the class seamlessly in my abscence.

While you guys were training in class,in hospital, I was focussing on how wonderful it was to have members of map, all of different styles, all training together and learning from each other in such an open fashion. It truly filled my heart to bursting.

Whatever else happens, I will remember the 4th of July as a day Martial Artists came together with open minds, open hearts and open arms.

I further move that, whatever else happens, the 4th of July becomes a National Event in the 'map' calendar.

The day of Martial Independance!

Thanks to everyone involved.

Andy.

(p.s. Next Year could someone else hurt themselves please)

5. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hahaha...( @ Andys remark)

Well, it really was an enjoyable evening. (Although the warm up nearly killed me!). I was most conspicuous in my white Gi and really did feel like the "good guy" (Hahaha). Fraser did an expert job after Andy's terrible injury and even learned some basic japanese words to help with the warm up...thats for that ;)

Every one said "Hi" when I arrived and I was treated much the same as everyone else in the class when training although I could see that they did express particular interest in me as a new "victim".

I would highly recommend anyone visiting Scotland (Irvine area) to look up this class. It was well run and training was thorough and properly explained. I will most certainly be returning to this class as long as Andy doesn't think I have jinxed him :(

Thanks for a very interesting evening all.

6. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Ok finally got round to putting the pictures for the club up check them out in the Gallery