A Beginners Perspective....The Grading. by Melanie Box

Discussion in 'Other Martial Arts Articles' started by Chazz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Well im starting this thread on this topic. The main reason is because i liked it so much i want to know others thoughts on it. It made me think back to when i was an under belt and how i felt and it made me think back to about a year ago when i had to test to be recertified in my current rank. I got that feeling of "oh no, i hope i passed". Verry well written article by (as Cooler stated) the lovely Melanie. Im looking forward to reading more of them and seeign what other scenarios she come up with.

Take Care
    -Chazz
    :cool:

2. waya

waya Valued Member

It was very well written...... And it made me think back to that feeling never going away. I am testing for my 3rd dan as soon as I work up the nerve lol. I am really apprehensive about testing since it has been 5 yrs since my last Dan test and reading that made me look at how I am feeling now in another light.

Rob

3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Gulp!

Where's the embarrassed button?

Er...gee, thanks...erm...well

I guess if the martial arts don't work a out a sparkling career in journalism for me! :D

Thanks fellas

Melanie

4. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

*LOL* haha

I thougth you might like that Mel. Keep the good posts coming in hun. *L*

-Chazz

5. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

Hiya all. I'm new on this forum. And I just went through the articles. They are all interesting and helpful, specially this one by Melanie. I'm do to test for my green belt at the end of this month (June). I came from another style (Tang Soo Do) and we did the same forms as Shotokan, so I know what she was talking about :) It made me think about how I did Pyung ahn sam dan (Hiain ... sp?... sandan). Now I do TKD. And after almost two years of training and many tests, I still get nervous! But her article helped :) Thanks Melanie :)

6. tuney30

tuney30 New Member

where can i read this article please?

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

It's in the magazine section, listed under Articles. There's quite a few there.