3 guys starting

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by tang_sou_dao, Jul 1, 2005.

1. tang_sou_dao

tang_sou_dao YoU cAnT sEe Me!

so my friend and I had just left the pub, i was pretty ****ed and he was totally smashed, and these 3 men walk buy an say sumthin like ooo dont wanna mess with you an my mate shouted good or something. They came back saying did your mate just say good to us? I was trying to calm it down while they wanted a 1on1 with my mate who was in no fit state to walk let alone fight. Still trying to settle things an joke about an our bus comes, so they said something like pussys or some unintelligent comment and my mate walked on the bus behind me and 1 of them hit my mate on the back of his head. I just took him upstairs and calmed him down but man, what total PERSONA NON GRATIAs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005
  2. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Sounds like a fun night, anything you wanted to ask about it?

3. tang_sou_dao

not really, we was havin a good night til that happened, just venting some anger i guess. There wasnt any need to punch my mate, at least have the bottle to do it when he was facing them but no.

4. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

"Elephants are a lot like people Mrs Simpson, some of them act badly towards their fellow elephants because of a bad childhood or mental problems or poor upbringing but then, some of them, like people, are just... jerks."

About sums it up. Some people are just jerks.

5. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

You should of moved on rather than just standing in the same place - it might have helped. Did you feel the training you had prepared you for self defence (which also covers others with you.) If not address it with your instructor or look at a suppliment art.

Food for thought?

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What caused the trouble was your friend replying "good" to them. Doesn't take much, but in the situation it was obvious they wouldn't let you have the last word.

In that situation best to blank them out and as Sonshu says, move on.

If you wanted to stay and do something then do it decisively. But being drunk and out numbered that wouldn't have been wise....

7. Sonshu

On the money as usual my friend!

8. tang_sou_dao

was completely calm and trying to difuse the whole situation but i think they had had a drink as well so no doesnt mean no to them. I've given up on traditional MA dont think it is practical really. Would love to do MMA but for now its jus boxing.

9. Michael^

Michael^ New Member

if your mate had of said nothing and walked on, they would of had no reason to turn around.

They were looking for a reason to start, and your mate gave it to him. Next time tell your mate to keep his mouth closed if he doesnt want a smack.

10. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

My point exactly, don't add fuel to the fire... it was pretty obvious when they came back they were looking for a fight...

11. Sonshu

Yes but there is the possibility they would have started anyhow. It is as easy to say "What did you say" when someone says nothing then the punch still gets thrown.