12th Annual Black Eagle Soc. Meet.....

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Damien Alexander, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to give the heads up to everyone who attended the 15th anniversary of the Black Eagle Society today in Dartford and say: AWSOME JOB!!!
    A great time was had by everyone,even though some couldn't make it(god bless UK weekend traffic,eh :/) we did have guys who came down from Scotland for a good show and a couple even got thier full Black Eagle today.
    MUCH congratulations on that guys! Well done and well deserved!!
    All who did show, did fight and gave it thier all.
    Although,has to be said....
    There were some challenges thrown out recently and not one of the "challengers" even bothered to call and say they couldn't make it.
    But hey; there is always next time......RIGHT?!
    :D
    There was even a blue belt who got TWO fights in today and did most excellent for his first time out!!!
    Very proud of you for that one brother ;)

Anyway; I bow to all who had the nerve to get out there and give it there best and to those past and present who have set the bar for everyone else to own up to.
    We have shown that it doesn't take great skill; but the heart and will to try.

RIGHT?!?!

;)

2. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Excellent Damien! Sounds like a great time! :cool:

3. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

One word...Gutted!!!! Shame I couldnt make it. Hope you all had a great time, I look forward to the next one!

Respect to you all...

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hi all,
    Well actually it's the 12th Anniversary of the Black Eagle Society, I think 'D' got a bit confused as it is the 15th Anniversary of Rapid Arnis this year, but a few whacks with a big stick on the Black Eagle Days does that to you:)

Yes I can agree the day's event was most excellent with people travelling around from all over the UK to Kent for this gathering (I just got back to Torquay myself today which is 250 miles away from the event), and a great day was had by all. A shame Jon Broster got caught up in traffic as he is one of the orriginal Eagles, but unfortunetly we cant control British Traffic. But I am sure Jon will be there next time.

As for the challenges, we all knew that talk is cheep and what the outcome would be;), so lets not harp on it and consider it another chapter well and truely closed.

My hat goes off to all those who fought, especially as they fought with the one rule that the Black Eagle Society insists on, they all left their ego at the door and fought with respect and honour. Everyone turned up not knowing who most of the others where and everyone left as freinds, and that is the important thing.

Big congratulations to Scott Marshall and Shelley Commbe on becomming one of only a few fully fledged Black Eagle Society members.

Thanks to Paul from 'Kapatiran Arnis' who turned up and did not know anyone and had two great fights. Well done an excellent show on your first outing, I am sure we will see more of you at future events, and John Harvey as usual is still knocking out classy fighters:).

Again a big congratualtions to everyone that stepped up to the mark to test themselves, you done yourselves proud.

See you at the next swarming of the nest.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  5. Damien Alexander

12th?!?!?

aw man...I've putting 15th up everywhere!!

As I always say...
    there isn't stick to be swung I can't block with this head ;)

6. Damien Alexander

First fight of the day....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WtqDadVlWc"]YouTube[/ame]

See?! Cavemen CAN fight ;)

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

If you want, I can change the thread title?

8. Damien Alexander

Please do.
    And thank you for the help.

9. Damien Alexander

People have asked why I threw my hands up when I lost my stick on this one.
    It was because we had agreed to mainly stick work and that was all I was after.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svQuIFqwZrM"]Damien Vs. Keith - YouTube[/ame]

Just working the technical side a bit:D

10. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Cool nice video clips Damien!

11. BakbakanFighter

Hiya,

I just watched your fights and wanted to say fair play. Looks awesome, both of them. Sorry I couldnt have been there. Those shots sounded hard, I bet you all had a great if somewhat bruising day....

Respect!

Graham

12. Damien Alexander

Thanks guys!

if you want to see the rest,go to youtube and search for "Bammx2"

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  13. Pat OMalley

The funny thing was when Scott seen Andy shuffling through his sticks before the first fight he thought he had picked out a light one. Then he got hit and said '*&^% that hurts for a light stick' hahahaha! not only is Andy 19 stone as you know having fought him at the British Padded stick long stick event, But he had a nice solid Manau Stick.

You should have seen all of us cringe as they hit each other. I will try to get my footage up soon to so you can see it from another angle.

We will probably have another one later in the year when we get back from the PI, maybe in Leicester, will let you know when that one is.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  14. BakbakanFighter

Thanks Pat,

That would be great. I am having an op on my leg later this year so I may or may not be walking but if I can I will be there! Its great to see people from different styles of FMA competing / testing skill without the political BS that some keep spouting.

I know how hard Andy hits, thats why I was cringing, it brought back horrible memories, thats the last time I fight a guy 6.5 stone heavier than me! Although I do think I have found a way to beat him, its called a tank!

Once again, well done everyone for fighting with honour and without politics.

HOH

15. Pat OMalley

We could always get you to play with Andy again and I can tell him only to hit the other leg and that should balance you out a bit eh! :eek::D After all Peter does think he needs to work a bit more on his power shots:rolleyes:

That's what it is all about Bro, just struting your stuff without an ego, true Black Eagle Fashion.

Best regards

Pat

16. BakbakanFighter

He's already done that! Managed to crack a bone in my left ankle and damaged the ligaments in my right index finger when we did the long stick! Then you made me fight the double stick final, swine! So I owed the big lad 2 now! I might let that one go though, but only cuz he's a nice guy! Send him my regards.