ZMA and Casein Protein, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DSDbronson, Nov 26, 2006.

1. James Funaro

James Funaro Formerly "joe nobody"

While I see your point, duh, don't interupt sleep, I thought it was a bodybuilding thing to do. Don't some of them wake up in the middle of the night to eat?

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Who cares what bodybuilders do? The ones that get anywhere, from doing crap like that, are the ones who are juiced up to the eyes with roids.

Your body releases GH while in REM sleep. Breaking your sleep off, means you'll miss at least 1, or perhaps 2 more REM cycles, and miss out on your dose of natural hormones.

3. James Funaro

James Funaro Formerly "joe nobody"

So don't do it anymore okay. I just figured it made sense to keep feeding yourself throughout the night, maybe it increased recovery or something.

But the sleep thing is probably better for recovery.

4. NaughtyKnight

Sleep is recovery. Eating cottage cheese, or other slow release protein is great before you hit the sack, but be RELIGIOUS about your 8+ hrs. Cherish the feeling you get when you get good quality sleep.

The best I ever felt, EVER, was after a month of sleeping properly. I swear, I've never felt so good, the feeling rivals some of the strongest drugs out there.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

But I have to wake up at 7 and the good TV is at 10pm. Good TV... yes i have gone dilusional through lack of sleep.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Huh? I do hope you're joking! Sleep is more important than telly.

Get a video recorder, or whatever they're called these days. ;)

My God, I've just realised how old the above two sentances make me sound!

7. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

easy friend, blanket statements and all ;) :rolleyes:

i know natural bodybuilders who wake up mid morning for a shake, its what they do for the hobby they love... its a lifestyel remember ;)

8. NaughtyKnight

It may be the sport they love, but it also isnt effective. :p

9. Incredible Bulk

please elaborate :)

10. NaughtyKnight

11. Incredible Bulk

oh right! i thought you be saying that bodybuilding wasnt an effective sport

you might have a point in that somewhere but i had to clarify :D

12. NaughtyKnight

LOL!

My bad mate. Of course bodybuilding is an effective sport, did it for a few yrs myself back in the day.