Zeppelin Gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by HwaRang, Sep 14, 2007.

1. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

For those who do not yet know... The mighty are reforming for a one off Gig in aid of the late Ahmet Ertegun of Atlantic Records.

26th November

To be held at the O2 arena (millennium dome for those outside UK). The O2 website was crashed within hours of the news being leaked by over 20,000,000 users after tickets. The site is currently logged at 80,000 hits per minute. Talk about a communication breakdown

The ticketing is based upon a ballot system, you register for the draw and if you are lucky you get the chance to buy a maximum of 2 (therefore sell one on ebay to cover your own cost :D).

Tickets will be sold at £125 each (+ booking fee).

http://www.ahmettribute.com/

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul-Jones, and Jason Bonham (son of John and supposedly equally talented).

Successful entrants through the ballots will be announced by 1st October. and then you have 72 hours to pay the fee.

What the devil are you still reading for? theres the link go get applying!
    http://www.ahmettribute.com/main.php?show=prereg

2. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

already got my application in, also our company has a corporate box in the O2 but i have a feeling it's going to be hard getting tickets for that even though i would be taking a client :/

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I got on it as fast as I could. Yesterday morning already 20 million had registered. Took me about half hour to 40 mins to actually get the registration through a couple days ago.

4. inokichi

inokichi Murse

I just entered :D I can't wait...20 million already having entered though...those are pretty low odds. However, A chance at winning has got to be better than no chance at all, eh?

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I've registered, but the price is STEEP!
    (I saw them at Knebworth in the 70s.)

6. flaming

flaming Valued Member

They say if its a success they will have a tour. I couldn't pay that much for any event short of a biblical one.

7. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

125 quid for a ticket man they arent that good. Infact over rated big time IMO

8. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I live in thre wrong freakin country :cry:

At least I saw the Page and Plant tour. :D

9. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Entered ages ago. Just didn't want to post it here as it means more people to compete with :p

10. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

With 80,000 people a minute entering. Into a ~ 20,000 arena I doubt the whole of MAP adds much of a competition.

And Madhoose. While I also disagree with the prices I'd definitely have thought Led Zeppelin are the only band who could pull it off. The rumour mill spouts that if the gig is a success then a tour is likely to be organised (if the stones can do it at their age...). Which would surely have cheaper tickets. Please?
    Oh and a Birmingham gig would be excellent.
    Thankyou.
    Amen.

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Maybe I'm not that bothered because my dad didn't like them. I have heard musical taste has a genetic element.

12. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

It would make a teensy eensy weensy difference - but still a difference :p