Zeitgeist - Movie - religion, 9/11, conspiracy theories, etc

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by inthespirit, Sep 25, 2007.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

A film about religion, 9/11, conspiracy theories, etc. Quite interesting, have a look and if you like, let us know what you think.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Moved to a more appropriate area, you might have more response here.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Thanks Brad, was not too sure if I had posted it in the right place. :)

4. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

I haven't seen the movie but I have read some of the site. If what is said is true then say hello to a Hitler-like takeover of the USA.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  5. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Hey i posted this up weeks ago and i got no response!! :D

Yeh it is a good watch, conspiracy 101, most of it is probably not true, but the religion bit at the start is very interesting...again not sure how exact all the info is.

6. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yeah, I thought both the religion and the 9/11 stuff was very interesting, but I cant really tell how good/true their sources are. But, if they are true, well, I think I'll go with what Verx said.

7. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I find both the style or the content severely flawed.

The chapter on religion,

Has lots of good comparisons and nicely researched facts but it states some of the simbolism it talks about fits the zodiac theory where there is no way to accurately verify that claim. Making things that may or may not support the theory ‘seem’ to fit the theory.

Still good mostly good though, but not original.

The section on 9/11
    humm, a lot of unanswered questions and good points raised but also presented along with the decent questions was a lot of circumstantial evidence and emotive images.

The ‘Central bank’ BS. CompleteBS

It’s just the same BS that circulates now and again and is horribly ill informed. The program maker don’t seem to recognize that the standard position is not that banks are innocent charities, but that banks are a necessary evil. Thus they examine none of the reasons economists give for their existence and yet harp on about half truths.

I mean they actually said control of the money supply was synonymous with inflation!!!

Basically most of what was said was inaccurate or a misrepresentation.

It’s BS like that which takes away credibility from any other good arguments they may have presented.

also I take issuse with the whole ‘it’s all the product of bad men/institutions/organizations ect’
    I find this a very naive although for some emotionally satisfying world view.
    I prefer the historical outlook in which all the institutions and elites are not ‘THE oppressors’ over the honest individual (although some of them are), but where these are all the product of human psychology and social conditions. The ancient Greeks had the view that political and religious institutions where unavoidable and a product of core human nature where society is concerned and I find that to be very true.
    Social progress is the result of refining and constraining the necessary evils made unavoidable by human nature.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  8. Buckeye Blue

Buckeye Blue Valued Member

Listy,

What the heck do you think you are doing inserting a semblance of logic into a discussion regarding a BS conspiracy laden subject? Killjoy!

9. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Maybe I should clarify this, whilst it is technically possible to say control of the money supply is synonymous with inflation it's kind of like saying a hydrogen atom is synonymous with the destruction of Hiroshima in WW2.

In other words it's such a vast over simplification it's just dishonest to present it in the way they did in the vid