Zatoichi

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Viedais, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Viedais

Viedais New Member

I have one question that been bothering me for a long time now...

When Zatoichi goes to slice and dice Ginzo in his home there is a caligraphic writing on the wall.
    One of the slices ("chops") leaves a stain of blood on the "painting".

So my question is. What word was written there and did the stain of blood change the words meaning?

Having seen more than once Kitano movie I know that he gives quite an attention to details, so it's just hard for me to believe that the blood spot didn't affect the writing.

Thanks!

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Now I'm going to have to watch the movie again! I was paying more attention to the wonderful soundtrack than to the small details. Thanks :cry:

3. Viedais

Viedais New Member

I'm sowwy, Mr. K :D
    Yeah, the soundtrack is really good. Although I really didn't enjoy all that tap dancing in the end (I know that most people did). I think that it just sisn't fit in the movie...

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

You're right, the tap dancing finale was kind,,, oh, weird??
    However, the way the percussion (rain, building the house to name a few) was incorporated into the music, was way cool (Hey, I'm easy to please). The more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it. The soundtrack, being the background for a blind man, is very important and I think they pulled it off quite well.

Rumour has it that a second movie is being made. Supposedly Kitano showed up at some ceremony or something with the bleached buzzcut.

5. Viedais

Viedais New Member

Hmmm... I don't know... a second movie... Usually (with rare exceptions) sequels turns out to be terrible.
    Anyways, didya find anything out about that caligraphic painting? :D

6. Wax

Wax Valued Member

I loved everything about this film. Couldn't find anything on the callig but: