Zatoichi-upcoming movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nekogami13, Mar 21, 2004.

1. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Saw Trailer for "Zatoichi" at apple.com
    Anyone else excited about this?
    Anyone else know what I am talking about?

2. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Blind Swrodsmen get all the chicks :p

Besides, it's Beat Takeshi (of "Battle Royale" and "Takeshi's Castle/Most Extreme Eliminations")...what's not to like? :D

3. never

never Registered Hero

This movie look to kick ass! Great sword fights from what I've seen. Cannot wait to see it!

4. Song1

Song1 New Member

I was reading a review for this at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363226/ and it seems good. i should keep my eyes out for it. But what i did find interesting are the four tap dancing peasents. Heh i had a good laugh when i read that.

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

This looks good but I will miss the original actor, Tonaka Katsu, was that hi name...

anyone seen trailers for "Casshern" yet? WOW It has everything - girls doing martial arts in beautiful natural settings, giant robot battles, scary old guy in robotic wheelchair, mean-looking good-gys in shiny leather ... EVERYTHING!

6. never

never Registered Hero

Got a link by any chance, sounds great!

7. surgingshark

Is it Live-Action? I've seen the anime and it...what's the word? Oh, yeah, sucked.

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No no no, it was live-action with Rutger Hauer. "Blind Fury." And it didn't suck, it was great, except maybe the final fight was a bit predictable and silly.

A couple months ago I was delighted to find the old Zatoichi series at Blockbuster, on DVD. They're on my list of things to rent. I'm a sucker for swords.

9. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

I have this movie. Havent watched much. Looks good though. My only concern is the CGI blood.

10. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

No way! A new Zatoichi movie? That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Gallameed

Gallameed Valued Member

Zatoichi

Its out now in the UK, I almost got to see it last night.

As far as I know, its only on a selected release over here and its probaly the same in the USA too, go to your local art house theatre if your lucky enough to have one close.

Because of it been subby'ed the cinema people kind of cack themselves (wonder how they will make any cash from Billy-average) and limit the screenings to special interest theatres and one-off nights, but thanks to the sucess of Crouching Tiger, the ring, City of god, Amilie etc they have lightened up a little about non-english language films now...thank god. :)

12. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I have zatochi meets the one armed series from the old series, that rocks quite hard.

13. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

if you mean "Casshern" then yes it is all live action. Well, i guess the giant robots are CGi but it is NOT anime.

And BLind Fury was Rutger Hauer and I think it was based on Zatoichi and it might have sucked too...

try this...

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/0-9ABC/Casshern/trailer-page.html

14. surgingshark

I saw "Blind Fury" and I sorta liked it. Especially when he thought the croc/gator was a doggy :p

And yeah...saw the Live Action Trailer for Casshern. The CGI is very...err..."Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey"-ish. Not that it's a bad thing...that Ultraman Movie had some impressive CGI (compared to every other Ultraman series, anyway).

15. shitokai

shitokai New Member

I have seen it, WHAT A FILM!!!!!! (glasgow UGC cinema 9:10pm)

16. aikiMac

Won't be at my theaters until June 4. :woo:

17. aikiMac

I rented #1 over the weekend. Not nearly as much swordplay as I hoped, but it was a very well-done movie. The story captured me, and I suspect the subtitles conveyed only half the dialogue.

18. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Here in the U.S. on the bravo network they have samurai saturday-show a samurai movie saturday mornings at 9 am central(I think).
    For a couple of months it was Zatoichi movies, last weekend was Musashi pt2.

19. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I seen this a couple of nights ago- its excellent. Excellent choreography, excellent cinematography (you know, nice camera work and scenery etc.) and pretty darn funny to boot. And the CGI blood doesnt really make that much of an impact- sure it looks daft in places but I think that may have been the point :) Oh and its subtitled not dubbed- which makes it even better!!!

20. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Im going to watch it tonight now, am quite excited!! So many movies to watch...