Zab Judah vs. Carlos Baldomir

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Developing, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Developing

Developing Valued Member

You know I always had mixed feelings towards Zab Judah. I was never really a fan like say I was towards a Roy Jones or a B Hopkins. But I was initially looking to see him pull out a victory over his opponent last night. However my interest in seeing Zab Judah pull out of victory sort of evaporated when he pulled that stunt before the fight began. For those of you who did not see the fight the stunt I am referrring to is Zab punching Baldomir in his legs during the introduction before the fight began. My imediate response was, "why the hell did he just do that?" I then begin to think that I no longer cared who won. That thought changed in the seventh round when I realized I did care. Upon seeing a right hand that was a little wide (but who cares it got the job done right :D) from Baldomir and seeing Zab Judah stumble back against the ropes I suddenly began jumping up and down like a madman yelling, "yeah where's all that stuff now Zab, get knocked out." Needless to say Zab hung on for a pathetic seventh round and was given a fair decision in my opinion at the end we he was handed the lost. I say it was fair because other than landing a few combos with his incredible hand speed Zad did little of anything during the fight. In fact most of the combinations were pre 7th round and they did little to phase Baldomir anyway. This was demonstrated by Baldomir dropping his hands and taunting Jab with indications that his punches were having little effect. His blaming Don King for somehow disrupting his training regiment as a reason for the defeat at the end of the fight was even more distasteful. But atleast I got a laugh out of it. I must thank my friend for the phone call as I had forgotten all about this one and I'm glad I saw it was good birthday present I haven't laughed so hard at a sporting event in some time. :D

Those of you guys who saw the fight, what did you think? Please share opinions. And if you are Zab Judah fans I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. lol. But in all honesty your man brought this on himself.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmmm... haven't actually seen the fight. Word is that Zab was going to go on and fight Floyd Mayweather... not sure if I heard that right or not.

I'll have to post this fight. I'll get uploading. :D

3. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Actually you did hear that right or we both heard it wrong. :D I think the Zap Judah - Floyd Mayweather fight was in the mix to take place in the near future. And I'm assuming the winner at some point would have fought Ricky Hatton. Unfortuanately for Zab I don't think after his latest performance he will be fighting Mayweather anytime soon. I also don't think it would be in his best interest. I think you'll agree with me when you finally see the fight. Let me know what you think. :eek:

4. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Guess I'm the only one who saw this fight :) Well don't worry because I think you may see a repeat of the same thing come May. I forget the exact date of the rematch but I think it's in this month. Anyway I heard Zab Judah in a interview recently discussing the fight and the impending rematch. When asked by callers about what he was doing to prepare for the fight, Zab seemed more interested in discussing his upcoming album and the time he's spending in the studio. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. :bang:

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I still have yet to see that fight. Agggrrhhh... late train.
    I heard that Zab was supposed to be on with Mayweather (is that right?).
    Jeez I need to get over to Maxboxing.com. :eek:

6. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Well once again I've found my instincts to be totally wrong. I followed your lead and did a search on maxboxing.com myself and found that Mayweather is scheduled to fight Zab Judah on April 8. I thought that the fight wouldn't happen after how poorly Judah recently fought. And I personally don't see how he deserves to fight Mayweather after loosing to Baldomir. I mean don't misunderstand me I know why he would rather fight Mayweather because its a bigger pay day. But doesn't Baldomir deserve an opportunity seeing as how he beat Zab Judah. I mean Zab is getting this fight as if he won the contest with Baldomir but he didn't. I can't see the logic behind this one. And not to mention the point I already made that Zab shouldn't been disqualified. That crap he pulled at the start of the fight was not cool at all.