Yugioh Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cougar_v203, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

anyone gonna see it :D

2. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Good god, that show is getting a movie? I guess it's the 'pokemon' of the new generation of little kids.

3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Sign me up! Yu Gi Oh!!

4. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

I just want to see yugi get his ass handed to him :D
    and its better then pokemon :\

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Wait, who's handing his ass to him?

6. Adam

Adam New Member

What in the name of all things holy is a yugioh? Some new Japanese anime trend?

7. Kirberus

Kirberus Valued Member

It's an anime that's very popular with the younger kids nowadays. A card game arose from it which is popular with teenagers(I hate them, why can't we all play magic the gathering like normal geeks :p ). It's better than pokemon but I still refuse to watch it and will be nowhere near the movie if I can help it.

8. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

God, I feel so old! :eek: I had no idea what a yu-gi-oh was until my nephew asked for some cards for his birthday. Wandered into 'Forbidden Planet' asking "What's a yu-gi-oh and is it suitable for an 8 year old?!" Felt better when the guy in the shop (not a day over 19) says "Er.... there's like cards, and you play against your friends...... er... I dunno....? *shrug*"
    So there. It's not 'cause I'm old! ;)
    Think I'll give the movie a miss though...... :rolleyes:

9. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Heaven knows what the response to this post is going to be...

Tuned into the animated series by accident the first time, but actually found the storyline quite engaging. Suspend the imagination a little (ok, quite a lot ;) ) and the characters are OK, the drawing is better than a lot of the rubbish about, and as a classic good vs evil storyline it has some nice twists.

Still not sure how you learn the rules of the game - I'm sure a lot are made up as a new problem arises - but it would be interesting to learn. A cross between a bidding card game and chess.

Now the kicker... I'm 42 years old and have no kids. :confused: Wierd or what?

10. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

ill wait for someone to throw the dvd on the corner in a puddle of mud.. then ill consider it.. either way it reminds me of when i saw the first pokemn movie when i was little..er. ah back in the day...back in the day.. these kids dont know how easy they had, if you wanted a furry fighting creature you had get your balls and go out and catch it BY HAND! Now they have thier fancy cards and pre-packaged monsters and what not... whats this world coimng to i ask you?

11. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Yeah! Good old Magic. Now THERE'S a REAL game for you! *runs downstairs to oggle old magic cards*

12. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

:D