YoYoYo, how do you taunt your oppenent

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mr C, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr C

Mr C New Member

Taunting is good fun, especially if the oppenent dosn't understand japanese, then you just say random japanese words and it makes them really angry.

2. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

How do you taunt your oppenent ?

Well taunting is a good way to play with your opponents head.

I usually just hold my hands down to my side and stick my face out like boxers usually do to taunt people.Many people feel they can hit you when you're moving like this,but it's not that easy.They usually leap in leaving themself open and i just throw a combo that usually hits it's mark and the fight is over.

Or i talk to people telling them what i'm getting ready to do.Like i say i'm going to throw a right cross so you better get ready here it comes.I'll throw a right cross like i said and connect with it.I'll do this telling them what's comming and they still can't stop it.Because you have them thinking too much now.I'll then tell them i'm going to throw a left hook or whatever attack i feel,but i'll do something else this time.It usually ends the fight.

Once you get into someones head it's pretty much over for them.

jeff:)

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The stuff I learn is all self defence. Essentially if we have time to taunt the opponent, we shouldn't be using our style, we should instead be legging it.

If you mean using taunting as a method of scaring them off, then that's just anything as long as you act confident enough. One instructor of mine happily recants several stories where he diffused a situation simply by acting as though he couldn't care less if a fight started as long as it was over by the next time he needed to take a shot in his game of pool....

4. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I do not taunt. It is a waste of energy and can open you up to an even more enraged adversary. Additionally, in a martial arts setting, it is crude and lacks respect.

If I am forced to fight, I fight coldly and silently with economy of motion. Sticking your chin out or name calling is just asking for it. Settle quickly and efficiently and get out of there.

5. Mr C

Mr C New Member

Hey, Thomas, i like your style, a silent oppenent is perhaps the most intimidating!

6. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

I understand what Thomas is saying,but is'nt the thread asking how do you taunt someone?

:confused:

7. Mr C

Mr C New Member

Hey that be a good point, and as the official starter of this thread......

8. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

I won't taunt.
    But angry people often loose a bit of form and concentration, so they attack without any real results and waste a lot of energy to no avail.
    So if I feel it will give me an edge, I will play with someone's mind, I see nothing wrong with that, it's just using another aspect to gain an advantage, like groin kicks.

Remaining totally silent is a great one, especially when they're trying to talk/yell to you.
    Think about it....what's worse than a couple arguing....a couple not talking. There's a few more examples, pretty cool in the way it makes you think. I'll find them later.

Sarcasm - lol, It speaks for it's
    "I'm gonna bash you to a pulp"
    "Oookk, will that be before or after I open this can of wh00p @$$ on your face."
    Or
    "How do you plan to do that with no limbs?"
    :p lol

Anyway, there's heaps more. But I'm tired.
    Anyway, mind games are a great tactic.
    I personally enjoy playing with my opponent.
    :p

9. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Yes, the thread is "How do you taunt somebody" but it is also a DISCUSSION forum... I am discussing the idea of taunting and discouraging it. Just because an opinion doesn't match your own doesn't mean it may or may not be a true one.

And, to answer the Question "How do you (meaning me) taunt somebody?" My answer is : "I don't." This, in my opinion, is a valid answer to the thread.

If you are attempting to tell people who don't agree with your view not to post, you may be in for a very big surprise on this web site... popel will post whether you like it or not, whether you agree or disagree.

10. Dark Blade

Thomas hit the nail on the head with that last paragraph.
    You have to let other people post, I guess you just have to accept their opinions on the topic and respectfully disagree.

11. Mr C

Mr C New Member

All right calm down, this is a free forum.
    I was interested if other people taunted in sparing battles, I didn't used to, but after annoying a friend, the fight was much more.......heated.

12. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

What an interesting thread eh fellow Mods? Shall we watch it? :)

13. jmd161

jmd161 Hak Fu Mun

Wow!

You got all that from my post?

It seems to me you need to calm down bro!

I did'nt say or imply any of what you just said. All i said was i thought the thread was how do you taunt someone.It seems to me that you are quick to assume and jump on your assumptions.

I guess that post about being silent was a bunch of CRAP! huh?

14. Mr C

Mr C New Member

My this thread has generated some interest,
    Obviously people have strong views on the subject, Thomas' "I don't taunt" is I think quite effective as i said before, a silent oppenent, especially one showing no emotion would be quite threaterning.

15. Dark Blade

I sense evil.....
    They're watching us....

Sorry, as soon as I caught a glimpse of Melanie's post, my mind drew a picture of hooded people gazing into a cauldron with the image of this thread One hooded person pressing the F5 key, constantly refreshing the thread.
    At one end of the cauldron stood a smaller hooded figure with two green ears sticking out the holes cut in his hood.

lol, the stuff I come up with at this time.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  16. Mr C

Mr C New Member

Dark Blade, not to sure what that meant, but O.K. am I safe?
    Keep those posts coming!

17. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

This thread has more than generated some interest ... it has started in breeding its own taunting replys.

Your senses are quite right! Taunting is NOT good fun ... especially in this case ...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  18. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Assuming that this is a serious question, then yes, I would taunt someone if I thought it would be useful.

It's a tool you could use to good effect psychologically.

Does it bother me if anyone disagrees?

Nope.

Does it ever ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.