YouTube: My "Oldest Surviving Student"

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

This whole thing just sounds really weird. I have a feeling this guy is running around doing his own thing and not representative of the Bujinkan as a whole.

I heard on the video something mention about earth and fire elemental nonsense, I haven't ever heard of such things.

And, no the sanshin has nothing to do with trying to be like the fire or the earth. If you think it does ....

2. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

All sounds a bit far fetched to me. Many different 3rd or 4th hand stories distorted by hearsay.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it just sounds too silly to comprehend.

If all these stories are true it could mean serious repercussions for the individuals involved.

3. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

Seth referred to himself as an 'Earth ninja'.

Has someone confirmed or denied he is ranked through the Bujinkan? He claims he is.

4. seattletcj

seattletcj Valued Member

Its a legitimate dojo.

http://knifeonthewater.com/table_of_contents.htm

From the earth ninjas myspace page though....

Nov 7th 2007

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  5. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

That Kelsoe is a real class act.

6. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

"Were I to sue my slanderers, their families would suffer (as I know for a fact that the leader lives with his mother and is unemployed). Unable to pay the recompense of the court, their transportation and belonging, perhaps even their house would be reclaimed by the state."

He knows nothing about Texas law. Let me guess, Kelsoe tought him about Texas law.

7. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Pffttt sorry but this sounds as bad if not worse that the (Dojo Yaburi guy) and other e-nerd budo trainers. Come on this all has to be fake. The whole thing sounds fake.

8. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Hmmm....looking here am I safe to assume the following:

*That this kendell fellow was a 9th kyu from 1984 to 1995 yet only attended some classes between 1984 and 1985?(I can see no evidence of who he trained with after that) and that no one was willing to grade him higher than 9th Kyu during this period.

*That he only attended 3 seminars of SKH
    *That he only attended 2 seminars of Charles Daniel
    * That he actually bought RVD home training course then attended a seminar where he recieved his shodan. (Thats how it reads!)
    * He was given his Nidan, Sandan and Yondan by an instructor named Dr. Edward "Doc" Sones Sensei. (what can people tell me about this Doc Ed guy?)

I think this guy is full of crap:

Holy macaroni....shodan in a year and a half...WTF?

I don't think anyone even gets past 6th kyu in my dojo in that time...this is the problem you see...a video trained sensei handing out shodans in a little over 12 months...how anyone can claim to understand an art enough to reach shodan in a year and a half is beyond me.

And RVD video master and a 18 month ninja...
    1 and a half years...damn...shoot me now.

9. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Anyone else laugh when they found out Kendal was so proud of being a sword polisher.

10. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!

11. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

An example of this was the alcohol fueled fight between the contestants of (was it?) the UFC reality tv show. The small guy seemed to have superior technique, getting the guy in a beautiful arm bar. The only problem was the other guy stood up and dropped him on his head a couple of times on the concrete.

The others watching seemed shocked by this, but seriously, it was a fight.

Another example from this clip was one of them deliberately went to the ground, and when he did his head came close to smacking the concrete border of the garden.

12. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Hey Nick, didn't you read that monster thread over on bullshido about Kelsoe and his student? I know you did... ;)

13. bigred

bigred New Member

1bad65 wrote:

"The only ones that MAY have worked are where the victim himself was armed.

The ones from ~2:00 to ~2:30 were jokes. They had the 'one touch=incapacitation' and the '3 Stooges' style attacks I mentioned before. The one where the victim lightly flicks his own knife and it stalls that attacker right until the others are defeated is downright ridiculous.

From that clip I would STILL say a gun and some situational awareness would go alot further to protect you than any MA training. I'm curious what Jeff (Bigred) thinks about it too."

I thought the initial attacks they demonstrated looked real. When they were showing counters however the defender was mysteriously moving faster than the attackers were. Also I don't know how many folks would jump in on you after you just stabbed or sliced their friend with a 8" blade knife.

The the things they did do nice was keep moving to the outside of the group, not get taken to the ground and not get pushed into a corner or wall.

Jeff

14. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Well, I did like the pic at the site of Charles Daniel puttin' the hurts on bigred (Jeff). :p

15. bigred

bigred New Member

Dale wrote:

"Well, I did like the pic at the site of Charles Daniel puttin' the hurts on bigred (Jeff). "

That hurt ... a lot! :cry: That was Charles in Sambo mode. He really didn't care whether you tapped or not.

Jeff

16. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

Elaborate. I do think I know what you are alluding to. :)

17. 1bad65

1bad65 Valued Member

I and others noticed this too. Notice the early ones the attackers won.

18. MagokoroDojo

MagokoroDojo Banned Banned

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

Not a threat, :D just a favorite band from Austin. Twisted, but good in their own way. Apparently the music scene is pretty good in there.

20. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

In truth Syd,
    I started reading that thread but then I got so disgusted by that Kendell's actions and the sheer crapness of his student that I stopped reading it. Did it cover these issues?

I do remember seeing some pics of them doing swordwork and felt like killing myself afterwards...I showed them to my sensei, I think a little of him died on the inside after that.