Your thoughts on a "Kuk Sool" Open Tournament?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by tulsa, May 11, 2011.

1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

You'd think with such a line-up of prestigious & knowledgeable masters, there would've been a larger turnout (a little birdie told me the attendance was rather light). And I don't think it was due to a poor advertising campaign by you, master Murphy, so what do you attribute it to? Are TKMAists getting burnt out on adding to their knowledge by attending informative seminars? Or is the economy still too unstable/unpredictable that folks are refraining from spending it on "non-essentials" (i.e. conserving on any travel expenses in addition to the modest attendance fee)?

I admit that when I was new to MA, I rarely attended seminars (although I did go to a few). But sadly, there weren't that many seminars back in those days where one could benefit from several outstanding MAists all at once (usually only ONE master would be presenting at a seminar, and if not in line with my own personal view of MA, then I was less likely to bother with it). But why on earth would people (within easy driving distance) bypass such a great opportunity as you laid at their feet this past weekend (they even had an "extra hour" to recoup from the roadtrip)? I find it extremely curious, to say the least. :rolleyes:

2. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

these are probably some queries that keep students from coming:
    any perks, like tours of the city, hotel stay, food, etc.?
    what else is there to learn?
    which organzization does the money get funneled to?

3. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

im glad everyone had a great time, though. if ever there was a movement to bring all together, it was both this event and master timmerman's.

4. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

I believe there are alot of factors, but to some it up for me, it's this: people are getting burned out because each orginization is just another Kuk Sool group with the same material with a few different moves, there is too much drama and politics involved with the various orginizations, and if you don't suck up to the right people your own personel training (not to mention testing/promotion) will take forever. People are getting burned out because too much has been held back for the "higher ranks"...and not even they are learning it all. My point of view does not necessarily cover everyones...just saying is all.

5. elliotmurphy

elliotmurphy Valued Member

The line up looked really awesome, I wish I could have gone but I moved to Minnesota and didn't have the cash to take a trip.

6. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

It was all about the lack of money on my part. I could not afford it. What would be great is to get the pictures of the event.

Just FYI anyone writing articles about Kuk Sool for the Magazines? I remember Jane Halllander always taking pictures and asking for money from us to get us in the magazines. This could be helpful in the future???? :evil:

7. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Ah ha ha ha! ;)