Your supplements

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by blessed_samurai, May 19, 2006.

1. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

I sure hope so.

Christian

2. Pobeli

Pobeli Valued Member

I agree. I don't currently take any supplements, and I've still seen progress that I am happy with. If I were to take any supplements at all, the first on my list would be an EFA supplement and whey protein. However, I find that if I'm eating enough at all, getting enough protein isn't hard at all.

3. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Most of my stuff is Dymatize

Whey
    Fish Oil
    Multi Vit
    CLA
    Glucosamine/Condriotin combo
    ZMA (Z-Force)

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Creatine Monohydrate doesn't need to be loaded and doesn't need to be cycled either.

Read this
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tallon8_creatine_stability.pdf

5. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

ON Whey Protein (Chocolate, duh!:D)
    Omega 3 Fatty Acids (I don't eat a lot of fish, so I need these)
    EAA's (pre workout drink on occasion; takes very bitter...ick!)
    Multivitamin (big ol' horse pill)
    Protein Bars (for snacks in school)

That's it. Nothing really serious. Unlike Blessed, who is practically an alchemist...:D

6. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Currently I am taking two supplements:

1. Qi/chi

2. Meditation

;)

DC.

7. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Oh god, theres always one aint there.

8. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

I take the following:
    whey protein shake when at home or a protein bar when traveling (typically Monday - Thursday)
    fish oil capsules
    glucosamin/chron. sulfate/msm - suggested by doctor
    arthritis medicine

9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Multi-Vits
    Cod Liver Oil
    Whey Protein

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Myprotein Ultra Protein formula (seems to do the trick, well priced and is pretty damn tasty too), sometimes with a spoonful of flax seed powder
    Omega 3, 6 & 9 capsules also from Myprotein
    Generic multivitamins/ mineral pills

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Where in the thread title does it say "supplement discussion?" It doesn't, so just post em if you got em or be quiet.

I've got MP max whey, some unflavoured concentrate, some milk protein concentrate, some cheapo multivit, mad amounts of fish oil caps, vit c, caffeine tabs and powder, ALCAR, taurine, creatine mono, tyrosine, glucosamine... I can't remember any others. All are cheap and worth the money.

12. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

woah! thats alot of pills, do you take all of them everyday??

i used to take cod liver oil, but stopped i didnt think it did much

13. MikeMartial

MikeMartial Lean and Mean

My Stuff

Currently taking:

Vitamin C (3000mg x3/day)
    Multivit/mineral x 1/day
    EPA/DHA Salmon oil 2tabs x3/day (approx 3-4grams EPA/DHA)
    Korean (Panax) ginseng x 3/day
    Green Tea Extract (200mg EGCG x 3/day)
    Zinc Picolinate 50mg every other day at night
    Cold-FX x2/day
    Creatine Monohydrate in 4-6 week cycles.

14. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

LOL.

By the way, what is ALCAR and do you like it?

15. Ad McG

Green tea extract, I've got that too!

ALCAR is cool. Check out avantlabs and bulknutrition for loads of good info on it. I take it pre-WO and on tough mornings sometimes, usually with tyrosine, taurine and caffeine for a nice wake-up. Supposed to reduce the need for sleep too which is cool. I don't take it all the time because without ALA, it's supposed to have a pro-oxidant effect and CBA buying any ALA.

16. Nomadwanders

Nomadwanders Valued Member

K. Bye

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Ad isn't a moderator any more? He was last time I checked.

18. Ad McG

1. I am a moderator, hence why I asked you to stay on-topic.
    2. Erm... if you don't have any supplements to post, then why are you posting? This isn't a healthy food thread, it's a supplement thread. If you want a debate, do a search and check out the old ones or start a new thread.
    3. How do I know? Because if I didn't notice any effects and/or there wasn't a boatload of good research behind something then I wouldn't take it. I am not an idiot who picks something up and goes "wowz, look at me, maybe I will inject creatine into my muskles and get reel big." I do a lot of reading and research with the proper literature, something you evidently do not because you don't bother taking them and demonstrate no knowledge about them. If you have no clue about supplements, don't bother talking about them.
    4. Close my eyes? LOL. I suppose all the research and experimentation you've done has proven to you how useless supplements are huh? :rolleyes: All the experienced coaches and research scientists out there must be wrong.

Nobody said you need to take supplements, some people just feel that they are worth the money. If you don't, then don't post on this thread.

Maybe we can get back on topic now...

19. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Multi vitamin, B Complex, Cod Liver Oil, Fish Body Oil (Had them leftover), Green Tea extract, Chlorophyll, Whey and Surge.

It's interesting that this thread comes into being as I'm researching a paper for a tech writing class. I'm doing a paper on supplements titled: Pills, Powders, and Potions. Some of the supplements listed here I've never heard of before. Would ya'll mind if I were to PM you and ask some questions about personal experiences regarding some of the things you take?

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  20. freak

freak Valued Member

i use ON 100% whey protein, ultimate nutrition amino acids, ultimate nutrition cla, and gnc's mega men vitamins