Your supplements

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by blessed_samurai, May 19, 2006.

1. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Thought I'd post up my supplementation. What do you guys take?

[​IMG][/IMG]

They are:
    thyroset, DHEA, OSHA, Colloidial Silver, 30 Tomatoes, phosphatidyl serine, Tension RX, Health-Bac (probiotic), Zyflamend, DHEA (again), oregano oil, Stimerex ES, creatine monohydrate, CLA, glucosamine, collagen, liver clense formula, guggul, amino acids, GABA, adrenal formula, Super Seed (fiber blend), Omega 3s, wheat grass caps, Enhanced Energy multivitamin, Glucosamine/Celadrin/MSM, complete body clensing formula, multimineral, MSM

not shown...my proteins

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

How have you got any room left for food? :confused:

I'm on whey protein, fish oil and multivitamins.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  3. blessed_samurai

Pills go down easily enough with food. ;)

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

[​IMG]

only one I take

5. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Super Ones (multivit including B vits) - usually snap one in half and take that, I take the second half later if I am training
    MSM
    Glucosamine
    Chrondroitin
    Cod Liver Oil
    Anti Histamines

6. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Just protein and Cod liver oil
    Why do you need to take all those blessed samurai?

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Creatine (cycled)
    Whey Protein
    Multivitamin
    That's it! :cool: :Angel:

8. blessed_samurai

I don't take all of them all the time; I take about half of them all the time and the rest of them as needed. When you work where I work, you end up being a supplement collector. As an example-in the last two days I've been given a couple bottles of vit E, a bottle of chewable vit C, another bottle of multivitamins, Arnica gel, a prostate formula, and some more zyflamend.

9. sean

sean THOR!

Where abouts do you work?

10. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

I take Creatine (cycled),Soy Protein,Multi Vit,L-Glutamine, and BCAA. Oh yeah I sometimes eat a MRP bar.

11. blessed_samurai

At a place called the Health Food Center.

12. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

What is the location? I work on S Western if I come in can I get a discount lol.

13. blessed_samurai

Oh, holy wow! You're right down the road from me. There's only one, right off I-250 and Penn.

14. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

I think that I have been to that one. I am going to try and come in next week what is you name I will ask for you? Mine is Joe Nettey.

15. blessed_samurai

I sent you a PM. I'm the short one in sports nutrition ;)

16. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Whey protein
    fish oil caps
    ginko biloba(my dad takes it to prevent alzheimers so i take it too)

17. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

Kre-Alkaline (buffered Creatine Monohydrate)
    Whey Protein
    L-Glutamine
    Multivitamins

The Kre-Alkaline works better than any other Creatinesupplement I've tried, no loading, no rest periods for liver recuperation, 1 tiny scoop per day and no cycling. Obviously you know what Protein does. The Glutamine helps my recovery like nobody's business. A must have!

18. Nomadwanders

Nomadwanders Valued Member

Ummm... hate to sound old fashioned here, but I just go with healthy food. You know, veggies, fruit, meat, cheese, that sort of thing.

I honestly don't think 99% of people need to supplement their diet with anything else. Especially considering that vitamins & supplements are a multibillion dollar industry which as yet has not been held to any quality control or proof of efficacy standards.

There are numerous studies out that show that doses of the "active" ingredients vary substantially (sometimes from 0 to a large number) from batch to batch, and several that have shown inadvertent harmful effects from these "natural" sources or that they can be involved in seriously dangerous drug-drug interactions with each other and prescription medecines. More than one supplement has been debunked altogether through rigorous double-blind clinical trials which have shown them to no more effective in their claimed effect than a placebo.

I'm not saying that all supplements are bad, or that some aren't even helpful... but please make sure you have all the information available.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  19. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

I'm sure most people using more than simple multi-vitamins have the brains to read up extensively about the products they've chosen to put into their bodies.

20. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Multivitamins & Minerals from Waitrose. And Seven Seas "Joint Care".

Christian

Last edited: May 20, 2006