Your stats and your goals

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CraigLeeJKD, Nov 23, 2005.

1. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

Goals:
    Break a brick by looking at it and flexing my bi's in a chi sort of movement I came up with

Press rediculous weight overhead

Proper form and lots of hard work with the Squat and Deadlift

50/100 pushups(that's 1/2 of a pushup)

Steadily increase weight with my adjustable weight Clubbells and Kettlebells till I can afford the biggest fixed weight ones they make and then do one rep max with each and go back down to a more comfortable weight and just do endurance weight reps like the pros

Mastering my Bodyweight, not only doing bodyweight exercises but being able to press a guy my size over my head etc., dragging a sled all day long my weight, not only mastering my body but truly mastering anything out there my weight

Get more sleep, eat more right

Put my sandbaggies together

Beat somebody up today, really badly

Supermans with the ab wheel, handstand pushups from a handstand not the wall, muscle-ups, and all that

Oh, and make lots of money so I can buy a 1,000lb set of rubber plates for work to show off and one for home so I can play Olympic frisbee fetch with my dog

what'd I forget, feel free to critique please

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005
  2. hux

hux ya, whatever.

MY STATS:
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: ~215 lbs
    Body fat: 15% or so, haven't measured in a few weeks
    Body type: bear grrrrrrr!

MY GOALS:
    - short term get in a ring and beat some poor ******* into oblivion
    - long term open my own MA school or gym and ditch this boring computer work

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

My lifts suck through complete inconsistency. This really gets to me because I find it hard to put the knowledge into practice as much as I would like, mostly through god damn injuries! Then there's other things but there's no excuses. My lifts suck and I'm proud of the fact that I am now working hard on them and my overall fitness. I'm also proud to post my real numbers that are in good form, as opposed to sloppy poor reps with weight that is too heavy.

I have zero clue what my squat or bench is but I know neither are that good. I know I could bench 30something kilo DBs for a few reps and the closest thing I'm doing to squats/deads at the moment is trap bar deadlift - a combo of the 2 really! Did a single the other week of 137.5kg which is 303lbs. Not bad but not even close to where I want to be. Only just started back training with it anyway, that was the second hard workout with them. I know that I can one-arm power snatch a 30kg dumbell also, which is fun :D

I'm starting to work mostly on getting chin numbers consistently over 10 then adding weight getting towards one-armers, trap bar deads, cleans (did 70kg C+P for 5 reps a while back at the end of a set, so god knows what I can actually clean now on it's own), weighted/band push-ups (DB bench when I get my bench back!), romanian deads, overhead pressing and various forms of grip work. Working quite a lot playing football too and definitely noticing more benefits now, my endurance is miles better. I can run about tackling and shooting all day and not get particularly fatigued.

In summary, my goals: Be a better athlete in every way. Balls to specific targets, just keep going! :D

Edit:

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 175 approx
    Body fat: Not a clue, I would say around 15. Put some on over summer. Damn beer :D
    Body type: Mesomorph, slight endo.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Height: 6'1
    Weight: 165lbs
    Body fat: Not sure, don't think it's very much though
    Body type: Tall and skinny as hell

Lifts:

Deadlift: Finally cracked the bodyweight line and did 75KGs yesterday
    Front squat (I do this due to having no rack): 48kgs
    Clean & Press: 42kgs
    Pretty girly lifts, I think you'll agree, but I'm pretty happy with the way I've progressed in the last year

Goals:

- Get my weight up to what it should be for my height
    - Get my lifts up to a point where people don't laugh when they read them
    - Be able to do the Gibbon pull up
    - Finally come up with a training schedule that I stick to for more than a month

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  5. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't drink beer no more for same reason!

.....no u shut up :p

6. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way im proud to say i did 350lb squat for 1st time yesterday , squats are always hard for me cuz im tall i guess
    my bench is kinda low 225 (dont u just love that sounds of putting 2 plates on each side *CLANG* :D) my arms are long as well i guess that has to do with lift as well..

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

:D

In all seriousness, I don't drink all that much at the moment. Obviously this will change over the coming month but at least it's more of a strength/bulking phase, then I will cut some fat probably after easter. Gotta get those cals from somewhere :D Besides that, I just haven't been drinking very much, only the occasional binge compared to other times previous. Next on the list is getting eating habits right again - too much damn chocolate! Again, another unavoidable one at christmas but I'm looking to cut out eating frigging biscuits that I eat constantly! Should be my new years resolution. Even then, training is more of a priority than nutrition at the moment. So long as I eat enough decent food, other snacks I'm not bothered about.

I have changed my mind - specific short-term goals by January:

10 strict chins for more than one set.
    Double BW trap bar dead - ambitious but doable I think
    5R BW clean - think I already got it
    5R BW bench (DB total) - think already have this too
    10 HSPUs
    Better sleep habits - improving already compared to before

After that it's onwards and upwards :)

Sever - Nice to see another honest man proud of his achievements :)

8. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

Height: 5'9" or 5'10"
    Weight: 173 lbs
    Body fat: Don't know
    Body type: Stocky, built like a pit bull.

MY GOALS:
    -Already lose 40+ pounds, so, I want to lose the last 10 pounds of fat I think I need to lose before I'm "cut, dude"
    -Gain 10 pounds back in muscle
    -Signifigantly improve flexibility

9. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

^Stocky? Built like a pit bull? But you're only 173lbs at 5' 9"-10"....

You should see some of the guys at my univ gym. Weighs 200+ at 5' 8". These guys look tough.

10. royder1976

royder1976 Valued Member

That really means nothing. Weight and actual physic are very different. You can weigh 200 @ 5'8" and look like crap and weigh 170 @ 5'10 and look great. A scale doesn't tell u much opnly the mirror does!

11. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Im just saying because everyone I saw who weighs that much at your height looked sorta skinny. Most I've seen who looks solid (low bodyfat) at my height weigh 190+. Im sitting at 168 at 5' 8" and I am skinny :(.

Anyways you may just have a small frame and therefore look better without needing to weigh a lot.

12. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

Height: 5'11''
    Weight: 150 lbs (136 a month ago)
    Body Fat: Let's just say that the love handles are becoming a little too ergonomic.
    Body Type: Lord Ectomorph

Short term goals (i.e. within 1-2 years):

To weight 175 lbs (with no more than 10% body fat).
    14 pullups in one set.
    80 lbs DB Military Press with Each Arm (for 5X5).
    100 lbs Squat (Yes, it's pathetic. Don't know why).
    Learn how to OL properly.

13. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

For your bench, what kind of ROM do you use? After reading "Scrawny to Brawny" (merry christmas to me!:D) and reading about the big three for ectos, which typically have long arms, mejia said to stop when the upper arm is parallel to your torso, which means no nipple/xyphoid/somewhere around there touch, so almost like a board press, unless you use the arching technique like powerlifters, then you may get a touch, but ROM is decreased still. Any comments on that from anybody? It's also supposed to reduce stress on the shoulder joint a lot. Sorry for the hijack.... :eek: