Your proudest martial arts moment (my 3000th post)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kinjiro Tsukasa, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Perhaps and this is an odd one was the first time I really had to use my training and knowing it worked.

The look of telling my instructor (who did not promote real life testing but I had no choice) it was the look on his face which was almost - Told you it would.

:Angel:

2. Jet Jaguar

Jet Jaguar New Member

Congrats on 3k. My proudest moment: I had five years of TKD in HS. Four years of Aikido after that and was just taking up Lohan Chuan Kung Fu. They had "friday Fight Night" for full contact sparring. I was getting my butt kicked left and right, just a yellow sash and not flexible or used to sparring anymore. I had my jaw knocked out once. My mind knew how to spar, but my body didn't react the same as I did in TKD. So many Saturdays of nursing bruises and cuts. MY PROUDEST moment. I was sparring with a black sash and he recomended removing the gloves so he could try some grappling. I agreed. AS soon as the gloves were off, he couldn't lay a finger on me. Four years of Aikido took over, I've never done Iriminage or Kotegish on someone who WASN'T excpeting it. (Keep in mind there were NO MATS just hard wood floor.) He lasted about two minutes and the third time he hit the floor he gave up. I went home a happy man with not a single bruise on me.

3. hazzamoffin

hazzamoffin New Member

Congrats on the 3k.

Proudest moment had to be scoring a singl point against my instructor, who used to european fighting standard in Karate. Admittedly he panned me for the rest of the round, and i've never got another one in the last 16 sparring sessions, but hey, i got him once. ;)

4. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

3000 posts, and this my first :)

My proudest martial art moment? Watching my daughter compete in the kata in my karate association's national championship. She was the youngest and the lowest grade competing against 35 other kids. She is small anyway and looked tiny compared to most of the others. She went on to win first place, a clear winner according to the judge. What was funny was that I got third in the senior kata so I had to endure the "whose got the biggest trophy" jokes. :)

Just after that she double graded at the next grading, which was pretty cool too as they had been told "that children do not double grade".

Least "proud" moment. I've been fast tracked a little having come back to karate after a 22 year break so after 9 months I was going for my 4th Kyu and had been given a few hints that if I nailed the grading I might get asked to go for the 3rd kyu. Unfortunately the night before was my works Christmas night out and I woke up the morning of the grading slightly worse for wear. Not only was if the worse grading I've ever done, fortunately I graded ok, but I very nearly threw up after finishing a kata. My skin colour could best be described as green. Mind you my wife found it funny. :eek:

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'm glad my thread lives on. :D

Youkai, congratulations to your daughter!

Thank you for making your first post in my thread, and welcome to MAP! :)

6. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Thanks Kinjiro Tsukasa, 3000th post eh? That's nearly a novel if you paste it all together :) Not sure if i'll make that number but I'll do my best.