Your most-used kick...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Samus00, Sep 13, 2004.

?

Which basic kick is most useful in a fight?

1. Side Kick

15.8%
  2. Front Kick

21.9%
  3. Crescent Kick

2.6%
  4. Roundhouse Kick

57.0%
  5. Back Kick

0.9%
  6. Spinning Side Kick

0.9%
  7. Hook Kick

0.9%
  1. Samus00

Samus00 New Member

Hi all, I would just like to find out which kick you all prefer or whih you use most in tournament conditions, so basically of all the basic kicks which do you find the most practical and useful in a fight situation? I have given the seven that i think would be the best contenders for this, so choose from them or just say a different one if you don't like those...
    Thx :)
    Ash

2. Samus00

Samus00 New Member

My vote goes to Side Kick, because it does a brilliant job of catching opponents off-gaurd while forming a good defence too, very long-useful weapon. Although spinning/reverse side kick is a close competitor for it's pure surprise factor + it's cool!

Ash

3. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

errrr. The roundhouse kick is low waist and head high. At least the low and the aist/head high should be distinguished in a poll (my opinion).

4. Samus00

Samus00 New Member

yeh, i was thinking about that but i decided that the roundhouse kick referred to in the poll can be any height, just how you use it basically, but thx for the oppin. anyway!

Ash

5. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Valued Member

My personal favorite is a side kick. Front leg.

I think I could probably do a front kick faster, though, so under tournament sparring I might be inclined to throw that. Or I might just split the difference and do flipping front or side depending on how I think they'll try to block, or how they've blocked so far.

My preference is the result of which kicks I can perform more reliably. If I could do a blazing fast roundhouse, I think I might do that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  6. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Depending on the rules, and the amount of different martial arts involved, I would most likely prefer the low kick, if it's allowed.

If not, the medium height roundhouse. It's a good tool to use for finishing a combo, or can be used very well in the middle of a flurry.

7. Jackie Li

Jackie Li Valued Member

Definitly my roundhouse. So powerful and effective!

8. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

low roundhouse kicks.

9. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

low snap kick to the knee, or side kick to the outer thigh

10. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

Has to be the roundhouse for me. But I guess the fact I'm coming from a thai boxing perspective makes me a bit biased perhaps...

11. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Nah, I use the Thai roundhouse almost exclusively. Its power is amazing, and is great for thigh kicks. It's a better full contact kick than it is for point sparring, though. I wouldn't use it for high kicks, unless I knew it would hit. If you miss, your follow through could leave you open for a whooping.

12. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

grrrrrrr add the eternity kick to that list, thats the best kick. fast use it all the frigging time and is good for winding ppl

13. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

Roundhouse to the tigh or the leg/knee and also the knee to the abs or head. (I'm not sure what kind of kickboxingrules you're discussing, but I use the FMA (filippino) rules...

14. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

i voted roundhouse kick

15. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I voted back kick but I am thinking of it being used under WTF sparring gules rather than in kickboxing as in WTF you can use the kick to scare people out of throwing roundhouse kicks if they know you are gonna try and back kick them all the time.

16. ToRNaDo LorD

ToRNaDo LorD New Member

crazy people

:eek: Common people. Its a crescent kick common think. A crescent can have so many combanations its not funny. You could do a crescent followed up by a back swing then a round house. Or a crescent followed up by a left leg inside out axe kick then a front kick. Or a crescent followed up by a front push kick then a run jump front kick. Or a crescent followed up by a hook kick then a side kick. Think people think. You think a crescent is better now?

17. mcbain

mcbain 2eXtReMe

i mostly use roundhouse kick.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

1 word... Teep!

19. taimat

taimat Valued Member

And the variety of crescent kicks makes them even better. I mean you've got front crescent, high crescent, spinning crescent (my personal favorite) and they just keep getting more powerful. One great kick, or is it many. Plus it's a good start for a kick chain. IMO powerful, easy, fast, and endless combinations.

20. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

Roundhouse kicks works for me very well!!! I use it 80% of the time.:D