Your Most Memorable Weirdo?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, May 12, 2007.

1. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

What?, who said that?, speak up, i can't hear you :p

2. noname

noname Valued Member

:)

Chuck Norris is so tough, that underneath his beard there is no chin.....only
    another fist.

3. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

I think he might become bored with just doing laundry, unless you make it sound like a really serious mission. ;)

P.S Yes, I know this is no way for a practitioner of this art to behave .. but ... think of the possibilities :D

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My story is weird and embarrassing...

I've had my fair share of students with romantic intentions, stories about being a 17th degree black belt, etc., but one guy takes the biscuit...

About two years ago this guy turns up at my dojo wanting to learn martial arts.

During the lesson he asks all sorts of random questions like, "How do I focus my chi to punch a guy through a wall," and "When do I get to use smoke bombs." Weird, I thought, but later he would tell the other students in the changing rooms that he was "the last samurai" and "the only qualified ninja grandmaster outside of Japan." Other "claims" and "stories" included:

- he could scale the side of a building without assistance
    - he had been taught in the art of "boojooditsookan" (how he pronounced it) since he was six months old
    - he could hit an apple with a shuriken from 100 feet away while blindfolded
    - he could catch arrows blindfolded
    - he had night vision
    - he trained the Navy SEALs and US Rangers in ninjutsu

All of which he couldn't or hadn't.

Wanna know what makes this worse?

The dude is my brother! :Alien:

5. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

If my brother thought he was a grandmaster who had night vision and had trained the navy seals US rangers, I'd probably have whipped his butt into reality long before he joined me in class to learn MA :Alien:

6. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Thank GOD!!

I thought you were on to me!......

7. garth

garth Valued Member

I met this guy once many years ago

He claimed to have studied Ninjutsu off this old man when he was very young, and that his teacher would often attack him with real swords which he had to avoid or he would have died.

I was going to ask if I could meet his teacher but apparantly he had conveniently died.

He also claimed that he had mastered the arts of Kuji Kiri and by knitting his fingers together could stop it raining.

He also set up a class and was giving his students very high grades in his style of ninjutsu. However sometimes he called his art something else so it became very confusing. But he claimed that only his style of ninjutsu was the real thing and that he was the only real ninja in the world.

He also said he used to go out at night and skulk around like the ninja of old on his own. I have even seen him wearing a ninja suit with a full mask and with a ninja sword starpped to his back.

I'm trying to remember the guys name I think it was...

Dr Masaaki Hatsumi

Garth

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol...

Well I dont think anyone will disagree that he is a bit... eccentric.

[​IMG]

WooAH!

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Anybody see that episode of COPS of LAPD (can't remember which), when that guy in a ninja suit stalked around town armed with a 9mm pistol and a samurai sword?

It took the police 17 rounds to bring him down; he wasn't wearing body armour and the autopsy revealed there were no traces of drugs in his blood.

Freak of nature, or ninja powers???

10. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

11. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I grew up in the 60’s and have been around some crazy guys, bikers and the like but, some of your stories have got me beat by a long shot.
    I’m not in Ninjutsu but we did have one story I remember right now. We had this big fat guy show up one day at a school I co-owned. He pulled his car up on the grass area between the parking lot and the road like he owned the place. When he came in he just wanted to hand around telling everyone how bad he was. He keeps showing up and one of my partners was trying to be nice to him to prevent trouble. Well one day he shows up and is waving this big hutting knife around and telling people he can take it away from anyone. He is trying to get people to take the knife and come at him. No one wants any part of this. At the time this is going on I’m in another of the school. An adult student comes to me and tells me about what is happing and the guy is waving this knife in the face of my future step-son. I grab my pistol out of my bag and start looking for the guy with every intention of putting a bullet in him. When I get to where he was at he was already out the door and in his car. I think someone had told him I was coming for him but I never found out for sure. I never did see him again.