your least favorite bands and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by southern jester, Jun 11, 2007.

1. daddylonglegs

daddylonglegs New Member

The dudes right. Emo is something that evolved out of hardcore punk, the big difference being in the lyrics. But for some reason people get them confused with pop punk bands like Simple Plan, Blink 182 and the All-American Rejects (all of which I hate). These bands not only give emo music a bad name but also give the superior pop punk bands like Green Day, Ramones, and the Buzzcocks a bad name.

That said, I hate Fallout Boy, Simple Plan, Blink 182, the All-American Rejects, I'm not to fond of Nickelback, most of the crappy rap music of this millenium and Avril Lavigne. I've never seen any musical talent whatsoever from any of these artists and the only reason I ever liked Avril Lavigne was because she had some pretty decent lyrics. Now, she just flat sucks.

2. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

oh boy, this could be a long list.

Insane Clown Posse- worst band ever. Truly a band for the lowest common denominator. They're white-trash culture personified. Their music is generic and inane. I feel dumb and unclean whenever I hear them. They're disgusting.

Stryper- Christian hair metal...come on. :rolleyes:

Avril Lavigne- She's pure evil.

Deep Purple- too damn bloated.

Yellowcard- I was amazed how bad this band was the first time I heard them. Pop-punk had sunk to a new low

New Found Glory- just plain boring

Hawthorne Heights- the band that made me truly hate emo

Underoath- just plain annoying

Poison- They, along with all their other LA hair metal contemporaries, are empty and pointless. They're one of the bands that almost made me lose faith in music. They don't deserve to exist.

G-Unit- Just pathetic

Ashlee Simpson- I want her to die.

Chingy- one of the most annoying rappers of all time.

The Exploited- I have a lot of respect for this band. I don't think any other band personifies punk as well as the Exploited. I just don't like their music.

King Diamond- This is another band I respect. I just can't stand his voice.

Vanilla Ice- He's a joke.

The Sweet- I love early glam rock, but the Sweet just sucks.

Styx- Taking the two most horribly bloated genres- AOR and Prog- and mixing them. Ew.

Starship- I don't care if they built this city or not. I hate them.

Kid Rock- He's a moron.

Everlast- Without House of Pain he just sucks

Toby Keith- Red neck white trash.

Tim McGraw- I'm convinced that him and Toby Keith are the same person.

Mudvayne- they're incredibly annoying

Nickelback- they're just pathetic

From First to Last- Damn they're annoying.

Limp Bizkit- die!

Europe- The Final Countdown is just nauseating

Nelson- A hair metal boy band? ugh

Pantera- They're bafoons.

I'll probably add to this list later.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  3. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

Ok, had a rethink and decided to be kind.... 97% of modern American music absolutely stinks.

4. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

whoa whoa whoa, did someone just bad mouth neil young and the beatles?

*grabs club*

*procedes towards offender*

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Wait wait wait. Did someone badmouth american music!

WHAT ABOUT BLUES!?

Ok, thats it!

*Grabs even bigger club*

6. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

Niel Young is one of the exceptions. I was thinking more of the punk/metal/emo/hardcore crap that has been regurgitating the same old riffs and sounds for decades.

7. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

Don't even get me started on hip hop.

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

But think of the blues man!!!! THE BLUES!!!!!

*bransishes club wildly*

WAAAAAA ...ahem, sorry about that. Its just that american music IMO = Blues. haha ;)

9. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

You think geetar rock qualifies as blues? Not so sure. Incidently, I think most
    modern British music is also crap. I'm getting old and turning into my dad.

10. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Excuse me?

Robert Johnson is rolling in his grave right now. I said, BLUES, not blues rock haha. (not that blues rock isnt good).

11. shaolin_hendrix

I think I'll have to take the Exploited, King Diamond, Deep Purple and the Sweet off this list. They're just too good (err...or not bad enough) to be grouped in with the rest of those horrible bands.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

UnderOATH for the win!!!!!!! Fricking awesome in concert.

13. Gwen Stefani and The Kaiser Chiefs.

I honestly honestly dont know who listens to them. I dont even think them and their producers listen to the songs before they release them. They're just awful. Really really really awful. Not one thing about them thats good. Atall.

14. shaolin_hendrix

Hatebreed sucks too.

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I tend to hate entire genres rather than just specific bands, but I've got to single out REM. Their lead singer had the annoying whiny voice I've ever heard. :woo:

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I know this is heresy and no doubt the jihads will start landing on my doorstep any time now, but: annoying voice = Bob Dylan.

17. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

Let me be the first to begin the jihad,run before it is issued against you and all of moose kind :p

I fully agree with the R.E.M = annoying voice however.That man needs to be happyslapped by a JCB.

18. shaolin_hendrix

Michael Stipe > god

Then again, I am atheist.

19. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Everyone has their pet hates and these threads always feel like snobbery to me. Oasis will always be a great band to me, as will the Manics. If people actually listened to anything else but Design For Life and the latest album then maybe opinions could change. When I went to the last gig the only songs people knew the words to were off those albums, which is pretty lame. JDB has an amazing voice live and when he did Little Baby Nothing on his own it was a great moment for me. Oasis made a great sign of the times album with Definitely Maybe and like them or not, to call them a pub band is just ignorance IMO. It's like saying the Ramones are crap because they were 3 chord wonders. Oasis have made some garbage but they have made a lot of great stuff too. Dylan's voice might annoy you which is fair enough, but to call Oasis a "pub band" is silly. Speaking of Dylan, Travelling Wilburys Collection anyone? Great stuff.

Enough chatting, now onto the hates as they come into my head :D

Kaiser Chiefs - OOOOOOOOOOHPLEASEDIENOW. The front man is a complete muppet and they write pure tripe. Have been my top hated band for a while now after briefly enjoying the first album.

Lily Allen - Shut up. I thought I hated her until I saw her ruin Gangsters with The Specials at Glasto. Utterly criminal.

Jodie Foster - Not music, I just hate her :woo:

50 Cent - Gives rap a bad name.

The Coral - Saw them supporting the Arctic Monkeys the other day. Realised how much I hate them.

Rihanna - Just for that GOD DAMN UMB-ER-ELLA song. Die please so I don't have to listen to it 100 times on holiday.

McFly/Busted - I put them in the same band because I'm sure they actually are the same. Utter turd.

Mika - How annoying?

The Enemy - The front man? Enough said. Another over-rated NME band with a Liam Gallagher wannabe on the microphone. Nice one.

Travis - Have they re-released an old album or does it just sound exactly the same?

Can I stop now?

20. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

my chemical romance, hands down

as people have said before, emo grew out of hardcore punk, and some how MCR managed to take that and turn this into a marketing gimic to sell overpriced merchendise to melodramatic fourteen year olds.
    they give the whole scene a bad name ... and fill gig crowds with the afor mentioned 14year olds, who care more about fixing there hair then enjoying themselves