your least favorite bands and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by southern jester, Jun 11, 2007.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Yep I liked 'my chemical romance' before I knew about emo's. Even though I probably have the personality of one, but I do try to not be narcissistic so at least its a start.

2. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

3. Fenrir

Fenrir New Member

Cradle of Filth- They just plain suck
    Emo/Pop Punk Bands like Blink 182, MCR, Sum 41, Fallout Boy Etc...
    Certain 'Gangsta' rap artists (50 Cent being a chief target)
    Indie bands that all sound exactly the same.

4. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

The White Stripes... because I thought that they were a new band, that sounded like an old band... then I found out that they were just an old band

5. southern jester

southern jester New Member

have to pitch in a couple of names. celebrities attempting music career. steven seagal and paris hilton. is the world coming to and end? and neil young still sucks.

6. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Smack that! :D

7. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

american head charge...

enjoyed them getting boo'd off stage in Manchester...they really were rubbish the whole tour.

8. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

What gets me is that people will stand there and boo instead of walking off. It's like they will stand there in case they get better just in case while they continue to boo on the off chance that they may suck more than a Dyson cleaner.

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Europe - I can only assume it was the drugs of the 80's that allowed this atrocity to be unleashed on the world. It was like Stryper but they made even less sense, if that's possible.
    BTW: Guys I have a better rhyme for "Venus". :p

Metallica :confused: what happened? They went from Metal Gods to the short-bus riders of alternative rock. The downward spiral started with the Black album and the swirly continued closer to the sewer with each successive album acting as another flush of the proverbial toilet, finally culminating in a massive triple-flush to clear the toilet of the gigantic festering turd that is St. Anger.

Maybe they decided the best copyright protection is to produce songs so crappy nobody will want to download them. :rolleyes:

10. NinaP

NinaP New Member

nickleback. ew. all their songs sound the same, AKA BORING.

11. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

In this case of american head charge, the vocalists continually resorted to swearing at the audience. When the tour reached Manchester, they had met their match! Wot with the crowd and the band swaping obscenities and death threats it was pure entertainment!! :D

12. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

99.9999999% of American music.

13. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Oasis, but I couldn't improve on this description.
    Maroon 5- music for single 30something Bridget Jones types to drink wine to.

P Diddy & 50 perCent. Although they are not technicaly bands :rolleyes: I hate their facial expressions.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You sound like you are totally clueless. :rolleyes:

15. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Clueless, posibly not as one has to have knowldge that they are clueless. Probably over generalisising by categorising what you heard on the radio with the rest of American music; or a hermit spending a tremendous amount of time listening to American music, despite hating it.

16. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

:D

Attached Files:

17. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Sigh.

People need to learn what is and isnt "emo". I live in Richmond, plus goto a big art college, so needless to say there many different types of "punk kids" around here. And if anyone heard you say that Blink, Fallout Boy, Good Charolette, etc are "emo" you'd be laughed and proceeded to get pummeled into oblivion.

Thursday, UnderOATH, Saosin, Down 2 Nothing, Thrice, Armor for sleep, From first to last, Senses Fail, Atreyu, The Academy is..., Brand New, The Used, Rise Against, As I lay dying, From Autumn to ashes, Coheed, Shadows fall etc can all be considered "emo" but they are all range from poppy to hardcore metal.

Saying "emo kid" has become so annoying and cliche and used so incorrectly that it makes me cringe.

If ANYTHING can be attributed to "emo" anymore, its slow songs by the likes of Dashboard Confessional, Bright Eyes, The Postal Service, etc.

And even they aren't close to the crap that is Blink and Simple Plan.

So please, learn a little more about what you are talking about before dismissing an entire genre because of the stupid Pop-punk bands you are mislabeling.

Death to R&B.

18. Banpen Fugyo

Plus anyone that sounds like Hinder, Nickelback, ("New Rock") and anyone that sounds like White Stripes ("Crap").

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I do not like emos, then again I do not like young people in general. R&B is also often mislabeled, I hasten to add.

20. Banpen Fugyo