your least favorite bands and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by southern jester, Jun 11, 2007.

1. southern jester

southern jester New Member

suggestion was made to start thread on bands not liked as opposed to top 40 bands. sorry about misspelling beatles! how about adding why they are disliked as well?

def leppard-too genreic. even the name sounds like a play on led zepplin. know enough people who share that point of view to start an anti-club.

neil young-that song about southerners is unforgivable. ronnie vanzant put the smack down on that with sweet home alabama.

whitesnake-attention david coverdale. you are not or ever will be robert plant. even after recording an album with jimmy page.

guns and roses-hey axel. get a clue. you alone are not guns and roses. what made gnr now is velvet revolver and now they rock.

beatles-never could get into the beatles. too upbeat for my taste. prefer a little dept and darker side. like rolling stones or the doors.

britney spears-number one on my list of least favorites. sorry number two as neil young will NEVER be thought well of for those anti-southern remarks.

sorry got off subject at hand. how does anyone compare britnrey spears with the likes of christina agulera? christina has proven the range of her singing ability and songwritng skill. the song beautiful shut up many of her critics. back to britney. have you ever actually written anything? just performed a few meaningless top 40 songs. range and dept. not there.

metallica and u2-loved your early stuff. what happened? please come back!
    your early fans miss you.

avril lavinge-quit your whining. getting tired of your feminist attitude. like before most people i know (over the age of twelve) cant stand her.

elvis presley-just kidding. always will be the king of rock and roll.

2. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

Ever heard Maxwell's silver hammer? that song is a little twisted. And while my guitar gently weeps! and elenor rigby! Plenty of sadness. Although on the (w)hole they are a little upbeat.

3. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Blasphemy!!!

4. southern jester

southern jester New Member

have to admit the rest of guns and roses is doing far better than axl and what he now calls gnr.

about avril lavigne. you where kidding there right?

add bands that lost thier front men. van halen will never be the same without david lee roth. black sabbath without ozzy? kind of like a new led zepplin except no robert plant. just doesnt work.

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Every single emo band on the planet. They all need to be eliminated. Painfully. I bagsie murdering Good Charlotte
    The whole nu metal thing sucked **** too, I'm glad all those bands are now floundering in obscurity

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

WORD!!

Linkin park sucked goats. So did disturbed. THANK YOU FOR DYING!

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Any brit pop band.
    Iron Maiden, the smiths, Dylan.

I would include: cheeky girls, avril lavigne, the pussycat dolls and the like. But they have some uses.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Oasis - Fall in the chasm between bad pub-rock act and bad Beatles cover band (covering the psychadelic era Beatles when they weren't very good anyway).

Any band championed by the NME
    - Singing in an indie-whine with a Lancashire/Yorkshire/Saaaaahhf-Landan accent does not make you "THE MOST ORIGINAL BAND EVER!!!!". Playing guitar downstrokes to a 4/4 timing while dressed like a gay accountant does not make you "THE FUTURE OF ROCK MUSIC!!!!". NME Suxxxx

Lily Allen
    - Posh girl with mediocre singing voice pretends to be working class rebel. Only the NME is fooled.

Good Charlotte - Started out as an absolutely lame pop-punk band, got progressively worse.

The Manic Street Preachers - Ultra high-pitched whine that only Dolphins can listen to comfortably plus Britpop guitars. Face it, MSP fans, they're not a punk band. Just admit it to yourselves and embrace the fact that you like Britpop. This means you suck.

R&B (the genre) - if you're not an overweight black man with a harmonica, don't call yourself R&B. You're pop. You suck.

Scissor Sisters - Crap pop music that is supposedly made credible by the flamboyantly gay musicians. It doesn't work. The Village People had better music and they were a novelty band.

Kylie Minogue - There's only so many times that middle-aged guys saying "but she's got a nice bum" will justify the dire musical output.

Gwen Stefani - see "Kylie Minogue"

more to come, I'm sure...

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Ive never understood the whole fuss about the Beatles...the Beach Boys are far better.

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I hate a lot of the main stream pop bands, rock pop, punk pop, Rap, R&B.
    I can't name all of them but I know I hate them.

11. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Trivium. Not for them personally but for what they have done. Made speed metal popular to music channels. Now i can't watch music channels without listening to some hypertechnical but ultimately pointless needless song about nothing (except maybe DnD if its by Dragonforce). Combine that with the fact that the new album by Trivium is in fact a Metallica album and that's about all that needs to be said.
    My opinion.

12. cdnronin

cdnronin Valued Member

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Quoted for truth :D
    Emo and its associated teenyboppers still suck

14. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

The Towers of London - because they all deserve to be shot in the face with a bazooka for a vast vast multitude of reasons.

The Manic street preachers - because they make my ears want to make like a depressed lemming on a cliff.

Any music championed by the NME - for the reasons moosey made,plus they wear god awful napoleonic army jackets or red trousers and they make a mockery of the waistcoat.

15. ReeceLightning

ReeceLightning Valued Member

razorlite- cant believe their headlining leeds

16. Topher

Topher allo!

Pretty much any band NME endorses
    Metal
    Emo
    Dance (unless I ‘prepared’ for it)
    Trance

The Darkness - on the basis that they took David Bowies headlined spot at T in the Park 2004. :woo:

I'm a massive fan of The Beatles, Oasis and 'britpop', so sorry, I now have to hate certain people who’ve posted here. Sorry :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  17. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Yay! Everyone hates the NME!!!!

There's one in the eye for being told what music you should like by the trendy press!

18. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Oh great, the music police is out.

I like Gwen Stefani! B-A-N-A-N-A-S :d

I cannot stand AKON! :woo:

19. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

My list:

Iron Maiden. Used to like them in the 80's. they should stay there and not leave.
    Oasis. Bugger off to one and never return.
    36 Crazyfists. What a name for a band.
    Stryper. Christian rock band. Good drummer but thats about it.
    Tesla. Load of rubbish. Bomb California just for rubbish metal.
    Metallica. They got rid of their guitarist only to be voted best guitarist ever. Prats.

Emo. Some good, but the rest is bad. Kill them all.

20. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

While i dont actually mind some emo bands...the whole emo scene makes me shudder.

In fact, any 'scene' makes me shudder.