Your first fight ?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by philliphall, Sep 15, 2005.

1. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

How long did you train in Thai boxing before you had your first fight ?. Any fight counts as long as it was in the ring against someone that you don't train with. If you had any previous experience before Thai boxing mention it as it may have an influence on how long it took you to get in the ring. I have been training for ten months and I am due to fight at the end of November and I am absolutely desperate to do so. To answer my own questions I boxed for two years as a kid and did a year of Karate and Kickboxing before I found (thank heavens) Thai Boxing.

Oh yeah, and did you win ?.

2. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

My first fight was after just over years worth of training 2/3 times a week (except for the last 2 months when i was training much more than that). I had a couple of months of boxing expiriance before i started thai boxing, but other than that street fights were my only expiriance of fighting. The fight was a draw

3. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

oh yeah, my first fight was on par with shadow boxing, I barely broke a sweat.... ofcourse, it might have been a bit tougher if the guy had actually turned up!

I'de say your ready to fight whenever you feel confident, the very worst which can happen is you get beat up, and even if that happens *hopefully it won't*, it takes guts to stand and fight, the learning experience you get from that first win, draw or loss will be tenfold what anyone else can tell you, because it's first hand experience

4. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

Dude how come you have been involved in street fights?

Anyway back on topic, I trained for roughly a year than was asked if I wanted to fight, I was training 3 times a week and started going 4 times a week, sadly I lost the fight but I didn't do too badly. I did a year of boxing before I did Thaiboxing which did help my skipping and shadowboxing.

I did find I was less nervous for my first fight than any other fights, probably because before the rest of my other fights I remembered the pain from last fight.

Philliphall where are you fighting?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  5. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

Alright fine playground fights, u happy now? lol

6. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

my first fight was after training 3 months....however i had pro boxing experence. so it wasnt like i was new to the ring. ring fights are an eye opener though and great experence.

7. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

I was offered my first fight (Full contact KB rather than ful MT rules) last week for the 22nd. I turned it down.
    Reason being i've only been doing MT for 4 months, and befor ethat I did nothing for 3 years, so i'm not in shape yet.

Told the guy to come vback early next year, and give me at least 6 weeks notice to trainf or the fight.

8. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

good call, its all about preparation, mental and fitness, i know a guy who was having a few problems, his dad died and he still decided to fight, he got annihilated.

9. duderanch182

Thats alright dude, it was just cause I could never imagine you in a street.

If you are not prepared for a fight then don't do it. For my last fight the made some **** up, the ring turned up late and they had to put it together which took hours, by the time I went out to fight I lost all my mental preparation and didn't do to well in the ring.

10. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

How long did you train in Thai boxing before you had your first fight?

6 months

If you had any previous experience before Thai boxing mention it as it may have an influence on how long it took you to get in the ring.

1.5 years each of Tangsoo-do and Ninjutsu

Oh yeah, and did you win?

yes

11. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

harsh :confused:

12. duderanch182

I meant street fight and because you seem to sensible for that.

13. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

Philliphall, where are you fighting ?

Duderanch, our coach is still trying to organise it so I am not sure. He keeps mentioning Kettering though so maybe there. I have a feeling it will end up being put back as the weeks seem to be drawing in regarding time to prepare,

14. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

All the street fights i have been in have been against my will
    all 7 of them lol

touble used to follow me round

now it just tends to stand and watch