Your fight style?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Southpaw535, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Bored so thought I'd start this. Whats your style of fighting in mma? sprawl and brawl? do you jab a lot and then go in hard etc?
    Personally I throw a lot of kicks to the lead leg and because of my size I tend to go for takedowns and try to keep it on the ground.
    What bout you?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ycw0d_Uow"]YouTube - The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting[/ame]

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I bring some friends along.

Attached Files:

4. Moi

So that's the Bear:rolleyes:

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I attempt to hit people while they hit me. Then I generally let them take me to the floor and submit me. :)

6. Moi

Good tactics! I like a cunning plan!

7. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Southpaw.

I hope you are taking notes.There is a welath of wisdom here.

8. DragonPrawn

DragonPrawn Valued Member

A hot Chick and an elephant Tranquilliser gets em every time.

9. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Depends on who I'm up against. If I can, I'd rather keep it standing. I aim for the legs and stay out of range as I'm a better kicker than a boxer. If they close the distance, I'll usually hit them with knees and uppercuts in the clinch to soften them for a judo throw (usually greater inside or outside reap, firemans carry, or hook the leg). Once on the ground, I don't hit much, but I will try to hit hit hit, transition to a submission.

10. Estudante

Estudante Valued Member

I'm good both standing and on the ground so either style works for me. Although my striking is a bit better I enjoy the challenge of being on the ground and I like to create my own variations on submissions and sweeps.

11. Southpaw535

thanks for the replies so far guys, even the less serious ones. they made me chuckle.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  12. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Stand-up: Against tall guys, work the head movement with a tight peekaboo guard, use body shots to set up head shots, go for leg dives. Against short guys, use latteral movement to keep them on the outside and avoid takedowns while picking away with jabs, side kicks, & other long-ranged weapons.

Clinch: Heavy dose of dirty boxing, regardless. My best takedowns come from inside the clinch.

Top ground: Haven't trained much ground-and-pound, but generally I look to pass the guard or snag a leg from guard or half-guard.

Bottom ground: Either keep the guy too close for adequate GNP and set up either a sweep or sub (triangle or shoulder choke/arm triangle work best for me in close), or push away, create a scramble, and get on top or back to my feet.

GA amateur rules don't allow GNP to the head when on the ground, so I haven't been training that, offensively or defensively, that much.

13. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

It depends for me as well. Normally, however, the person ****ed off at me is female so I'm typically going all Matrix against flying shoes...

Okay okay. More like cringe, cover up, and run while shoes bounce off the backside of my head.

;)

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Everyone tells me I'm a stand up guy :D

In all seriousness I never notice it, but me sparring partners/trainers all say I work most and most effective during clinches (both standing and ground).
    Though I been doing learning submissions I never went to a jits class, its all mixed in with MMA/Vale Tudo. And I trained mainly kungfu and kickboxing which is all standup, and just recently got into freestyle wrestling.

15. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

The southern CMA has helped my clinch game loads too. Just the sticky hands stuff has made me more present in the clinch (regarding strikes anyway, my takedowns still aren't worth a brass obol).

16. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

I use the jab to open up and set up a combination or create a opening to the head that isnt there. From there break down the distance clinch, knee and takedown then hope I can remember my ground work ;)

17. Southpaw535

What there is of it :)

18. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

5 years since i done ground work and i still won ;) knee to the b*** helped tho lol

19. Southpaw535

lol i won once though!!

20. Moi

You two kids fighting again?:lowblow: