Your favourite weighted movement...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ad McG, Jun 15, 2007.

1. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Yeah, there's a time limit on how long you can edit your own posts. I believe it's 24 hours.

2. spirez

spirez Valued Member

OH squats are great but i'm struggling to do them at the moment as my flexibility has taken a turn for the worst! They really work the core too

overhead lunges aren't so much of a problem for me though

3. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

Have you tried overhead walks? Very evil, especially using dumbbells or kettlebells. Everyone I train with hates them, which is why I love them.

4. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Guess I'll throw in my vote for 1-arm dumbbell snatches. I missed twice for 90lbs last time but I don't get myself underneath them very well. At least I learned I could get them up, fail and not kill myself or anyone around...

Also love/hate front squats for the core, OH squats, cleans and snatches if I could get the technique down consistently, and push presses.

5. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

weighted chins
    deadlift
    military press (behind the neck)
    bent rows
    deadlifts
    clean and press
    barbell curls
    squats
    Stiff leg deadlifts

these are the mutts nuts, no preference over eachother

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I love deadlifts, 1 armed dumbbell snatches and dumbbell swings. I'm starting to like step ups as a replacement for squats.

7. mookie

mookie New Member

Bench press :love: i just can't help it, also standing military press.

I'm liking squats but gonna give the 2rep ones a bash soon so that'll probably end :p

8. Sgt. Cueball

Sgt. Cueball New Member

Finally someone said bench press! I was getting worried while I read all the previous posts! For me, nothing beats loading up a bar with a few 45s and pushing till you can't anymore :)

9. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

I gotta go with the Clean and Press. One day I'll get a BW (220lb) C+P...

10. shift

shift Valued Member

weighted situps into shoulder press

11. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Personally, i love isolation curls.
    The way my vein pops out when i lift up that 10kg. Nothing like that feeling.
    Well, apart from the feeling of wearing my babyGap tshirt after a good workout. Phwoar

12. Leppi

Leppi New Member

Deadlift. Nothing beats picking up something heavy and then putting it back down again. Front squats from the bottom come in a close second (Because I move ****-poor weight with them)

13. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

Floor wipers or the good ol' benchpress

14. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

dont forget the tricep dumbbell kickbacks.... man they are killers, feel yourself swing to growth!

15. Sparx

Sparx Valued Member

must be squats and skullcrushers

16. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Weighted Dips and Weighted Pullups get my juices going. Especially since after 8 weeks, they put 10cms on my chest and back.

17. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

dumbell shrugs!!!!

18. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Powercleans! handsdown my favorite. And out of all the lifts, these have givin me the most noticeable improvement in my performance in all athletic activities.

19. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

lol...h3llz y34h!

Let's see...so much a toss up between push press and zercher squat.

Can I include caber tossing on the list since it's technically has a lifting portion to it?

20. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Haha I remember being in the junior highland games and throwing a mini caber! so much fun.