Your favourite weighted movement...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ad McG, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I love trap bar deadlifts, great on a platform too.

Anyone else got any particular favourites? Maybe some that aren't the obvious ones like squats etc.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I love the Full Contact Twist. Not only does it help make your abs look teh sexy, but it has a direct carryover to many martial arts moves

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Do overhead squats count? What about complexes with squats in them, like the bear? Those are my two anyway :D

4. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

My old stand-by is a clean and press. However, I've recently really enjoyed doing kettlebell swings and GHD presses.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

The more I practise deadlifting (normal stance, barbell), the more I love it. I'm becoming more and more fond of weighted dips these days too.

6. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

As un-original as it may sound, squats. They just rock. Nothing beats waking up the morning after and slowly working your way down the stairs. :D

7. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I fell in love with deadlifts when I started doing them a while ago and also like chin-ups, but those aren't weighted (yet). :)

8. spirez

spirez Valued Member

I love deadlifts now, even thinking about progressing onto a deadlift with a round back, one variation is called the Zercher deadlift. Obviously must be attempted with great caution but it's a great functional exercise for grapplers. I'll probably do them with sandbags.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLykbjVWcs"]St Wilhelm's, 00007, 137.5kg Zercher Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

Also, lunges are the shizzle, throw them in through all planes of motion and you have one of the best functional leg exercises around imo

9. Fenrir

Fenrir New Member

Weighted Chin Ups
    Power Cleans
    Barbell Thrusters

:eek:

10. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Have to go with deadlifts too. Oh closely followed by weighted dips.

Not very original i know but i can't lie, deadlifts are my one true love...

11. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Good mornings and dead lifts without a doubt. I'm a happy girl indeed if I get one of those in twice a week.

12. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

I heart deadlifts, too. :love:

Though, for some reason, I really enjoy the military press. I once tried to press Cosmic's youngest brother, but he kept wriggling (the brother, not Cosmic) so I didn't manage to get him very far into the air. For some reason, he seemed a bit reluctant. :D

13. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Single leg romanian deadlifts if i could do one with proper form. :(

14. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I don't recall that. How old / heavy was he then?

15. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Bent over dumbell rows for me, the main exercise I enjoyed doing :D

16. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

power cleans for me. So addicted to them I even do them when I volunteer to collect the water barrels for the coolers at work :)

17. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

ATG squat & deadlifts. it's really a tie between the 2.

18. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

It was while we were living in Dunstable, before he met his wife and she started feeding him. ;) He must have been about 17/18 at the time.

In all honestly, even while he was still really skinny I probably couldn't have managed to execute the lift properly, but it was ever so funny at the time. :D

19. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

I am really feeling the love for deadlifts in this thread. That makes me very happy. I also love to pull more than anything else.

For a "non-obvious" lift I'd say overhead squats.

20. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Hmm couldn't edit my post (possible thing for the mods to look into) but also t-bar rows where you wedge one end of the bar into the corner and lift the other between your legs with a pulley bar so I get an even grip. Feels great for the back!

EDIT: Seems I can edit this post but not my first in this thread :confused: