Your Favourite Boxer!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Andy Murray, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

In this corner "The Greatest of All Timessssssss" Muhammad Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I guess that tells who my fav. boxer is!

2. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

I have a few different favourites if I am allowed. Different time frames and such make it hard to compare and pick one overall.
    Ali of course , was the greatest, and I think will always be. Not only was he the greatest inside the ring, but outside as well. It will be a long time before a fighter like him comes along again.
    As for today, I got a gew favs.
    Mickey Ward, the guys got heart and determination. Watch one of his fights and you'll see what I mean.
    Evander Holyfield, may be old but is still pushing on, with a chance at a fifth world title coming up

3. touchstone_snap

touchstone_snap New Member

Best all round boxer...

The best boxing match I have ever seen ... better by far than any by Mahamud Ali ... Mike Tyson... Saguar Ray Leonard and even Nigel Benn for sheer willpower was the 2 fights between Julio Ceaser Chavez and Oscar De La Hoya...

I put them on top of my list for the reason that they showed real boxing skills most boxers can't even imagine....

In the first fight De La Hoya wins by cutting an extremely talanted boxer with over a 100 fights to his credit and mayb one loss...

In the second it was more a slugfest with De La Hoya trying to play Chavez's game and almost getting sucked in...

Although the fights did'nt appear action packed the man who is silly enough to charge either of these fighters is gonna get a real wupping...

Execellent combination of brawn brain and muscle....