Your favorite weapon!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sonshu, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast

Blast Valued Member

The nunchaku. fast, cool, fluid movements. Can't think of anything that looks better.

2. komuso

komuso Valued Member

I'm going to go with the falcata, just because it looks scary, so much so that it even used to worry the romans. And given that I think that being in an actual sword fight would be about as terrifying as it gets I would want to be lugging around something that has the best chance of getting the other guy to just leg it before a blow had been struck.

And it looks cool :)

3. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Just about any sort of spear above six feet long. Any shorter and keeping distance gets difficult.

4. Ashiro

Ashiro Doko wa neko desu ka

Outdoors - Bo and sword.
    Indoors - Hanbo and sword.

5. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

bolo/machete. it feels like part of me when i use it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

7. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Standard (used as a bo), Angle Poise (used as a nunchaku or tonfa), or one of those heavy home-made beggers that started life as a giant whisky bottle?

[If your answer is 'Lava Lamp', I really don't think I want to know how you use it]

:D

8. Southpaw535

hey man i just wrote lamp. although a lava ones not a bad idea....
    no on a serious note my favourite weapon(non MA) would be an extendable baton
    inside MA probably a tonfa

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

A giant whiskey bottle..but I get him to drink the whiskey first.

regards koyo

10. Southpaw535

who was it who wrote "by them a nice beer in a frosted mug. then smash their fac ein with it"

11. koyo

Sounds Scottish to me..Rabbie Burns???

regards koyo

12. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

A 14lb sledgehammer and a smile.

13. Brad66

Brad66 Valued Member

I would have to say the sword or the staff.

14. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I love lamp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGM_jAzPj8"]YouTube - Lamp[/ame]

-Mark

15. koyo

The jo is the most effective for me given it's flexibility and ranges BUT the sword is best suited to my nature..more decisive.

regards koyo

16. Southpaw535

i dont suppose anyone knows the name for a 3 piece staff? I remember seeing it on some sciency MA programme ages ago. It was like a 3-piece bo length nunchuk thingy

17. Ashiro

Ashiro Doko wa neko desu ka

Sanjeigun - Three section staff is the English name. In Japan its called a sansetsukon.
    In Kanji: 三節棍

18. Southpaw535

19. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

From the Korean side, the Nunchaku where Chule Bong (two or twin staff) making the 3-section staff Sam Bong (Sir Google tends towards Sam Dan Bong - maybe we were being lazy).

Our instructor used to have us use this weapon as a test of confidence and commitment :) We had to decide if we wanted the head protection or not ;)

Yours sincerely - Long Staff ;)

20. Kenpo_Amnesiac

Kenpo_Amnesiac Valued Member

my favorite

i like the nunchaku. simple to hide. It seems that a lot of people like swords but a katana can be too easily seen. It is said that in the old days of okinawa that the peasants were forbiden to carry weapons so i like the simple easily consealbe weapons... ie- nunchakus, tonfas, and the bo staff.
    Some people might say that a bo can't be easily consealed but if a peasant is seen with a staff across the back of his/her shoulders with a pail of water/ or vegtables on each end the "authorities" might not consider that it can be used as a weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.