Your favorite weapon!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sonshu, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I'll have to say katana also. Nice and light, no need to use much muscle to cut someone in half. :)

PL

3. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

My favourite weapon is the longsword. It's like the ultimate multitool from the renissanse :)

4. Speed

Speed New Member

If this is just MA weapons for use in the dojo then sorry for getting off subject. I've never trained with MA weapons so my choices are guns or small knives in public. I know original poster said no guns but I'm american and thats my thing. I go to a shooting range once a week so thats pretty much my weapons training.

Streets: I'd pick my snub-nosed .38 spec colt revolver or my switchblade.

Bars: Pool stick, Liqour bottles or above.

Home: Doublebarrel shotgun, .45 colt semiauto pistol, and a Light-weight Baseball bat. I carry a baseball bat in my car too.

I wouldn't mind learning to use a staff or sword but I don't see realistic use for them in public defense. I mean, how can you conceal them?

5. spacepimp

spacepimp Valued Member

My personal Favorite one to learn is the nunchuka. Finding that most strikes are done without really flailing them around though. Really like it's take down features.

I am learning the staff (Bo), because of the distance and staffs exist in almost every public are (long sticks, brooms, mops.. etc..)

6. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

my mind, but i haven't figured out how to use it yet.

7. Speed

Speed New Member

spacepimp, pool sticks too. Hmm, since you brought up the broom sticks (etc) the more I think learning staff isn't such a bad idea, never really thought about all the things that could be used in place of a regular staff.

But think I'd KO myself with using nunchaku. :/

8. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Other than my natural body weapons (hands feet knees elbows), I go for a kali stick any day. It brings up my range big time. I'm a good kicker so I can do alot of combos with kali sticks. I am out of training though with kali sticks. I also wish you could spar with them without bashing your partners head in :( . Maybe if I get some rubber/foam like ones I can do so. Hell that will be alot of fun with my wing chun friend. I think I should go see if they got those. I know they got em for nun-chucks.

9. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

If I had a chance to learn it, I'd love to use the English Short Staff (which, despite the name, is around 9ft or almost 3m long).

At the moment, I've done a lot of fencing, so I'm happiest with an epée.

10. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Just make one yourselft! Ask in a Larp -comunity near you, or buy sleeping mat, glassfiber pole, ca. 1cm thick, superglue, gaffatape, and you're on!

11. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

Fun value: nunchakus

Weapon value: katana

Gotta be properly sized and balanced for personal use.

12. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

That is an option if I cannot find one on the net.

13. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

I hope to train in the Bo staff soon, as I like it as a weapon, just because I do :D

14. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

i would say (FMA) kali sticks.....if they're not available, than anything i can get my hands on, say for example, rolled up newspaper, belt, bandana (for whipping), etc... :)

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Favorite weapon is the katana. No contest. There's a reason the Scotish Highlander who traveled all over the world settled upon the katana: it's beautiful, and it will bite your head off, at the same time.

Most effective weapon is the human brain. Too bad it takes years if not decades to properly train for its use.

16. Kukishinden Ryu

Kukishinden Ryu New Member

I love Bisento's and Ono battle axes

17. Senga

Senga GenkiGirl

Well, i'm training myself in how to use the Bo staff...::sigh:: but it's mainly of spinning. i wish my master would teach me for real. Just started lerning the nun-chakus last Monday...it's going painfully slow.

Question, (2 actually): is spinning the bo of any use in using it to fight?

2nd question: are introductory threads allowed here?

18. ToRNaDo LorD

ToRNaDo LorD New Member

Sword

The weapon I think is the best and know is the best is a sword.
    with a sword there are so many attacks and blocks it would take forver to learn them all.
    So quik, so light, yet so dangouros.
    others are:
    Bo
    Sai
    Nunchucku
    Two Blade Sword (I made myself, one blade left, one blade right)

19. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

I do Chinese systems so:-

Best Melee weapon: double butterfly knives. Twin short swords. Quick and dirty. I luv em. Lots of damage potential.

Most likely to be of use: Long Staff. Any big mutha stick will do. Broom handle, snooker cue etc etc

Most fun: 9 section chain whip. Looks cool, you can do the moves with your belt. Hurts your head when you make a mistake.

Most eager to learn: Kwan Dao - big mutha f sword blade on end of 6 foot pole. Bwahahahahaha!!! I have a 12 lb kwan dao in the garage. Just waiting to learn the form!!!

Paul

20. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Favourite Weapon: Naginata
    Most Proficient at: Wakizashi
    Most effective: Glock 32, in a holster behind my bedhead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.