Your Favorite Submissions/Chokes

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Korpy, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

What is your favorite submissions/chokes to use?

My favorites are the gullotine choke, the armbar, and the good ol headlock/choke.

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I don't know any yet except for rear naked choke, guillotine and one armbar. Do they have chokes in hapkido?

3. LeiTong

LeiTong New Member

Arm-triangle choke and inside heel hook.

4. femalewrestler

femalewrestler New Member

my favourites are armbar, RNC, triangle choke. I dont know how to do flying armbar/triangle yet, but those look pretty fun/impressive

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I believe so, haven't learned them yet. In addition to Hapkido I also learn Submission Fighting.

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm a big fan of the achillies lock, americana/ keylock, various gi chokes, the omoplata and the RNC/ body triangle combo. I like the armbar and triangle choke from guard as well, but most of the guys I train with are better at defending them than I am a putting them on

7. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i love the triangle. it can pulled of from the mount, the back, the guard, the half-guard, even standing and in so many ways. also it provides a great position for moving the opponent almost at will once it is sunken in, i.e. reversals. plus it's always easy to transiton into an armbar from the triangle.

8. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Either americana/ keylock or Kimura are two of my favourite.

9. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Rear-naked choke, triangle and Kimura.

10. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

My favorites are in this order: flying armbar, armbar from the mount, armbar from the guard, cross-collar gi choke, guillotine, and rear-naked.

In order of what I actually pull off: armbar from the mount, armbar from guard, sankaku jime (triangle), ude garami, flying armbar, rear-naked, cross collar, and guillotine. I'm not a big fan of chokes, you see.

11. brainuse

brainuse New Member

If you can, hunt down a copy of Jutaro Nakao v Sauli Heilimo (7-13-2003, Shooto at Korakuen hall). The slickest reverse triangle I have ever seen, used to counter a leg shot.

12. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Keylock with the arm trapped under my leg from kesa. I also like heelhooks but I'm horrible at leg locks.

The submissions I try the most are probably armbars, rear naked chokes, triangles, and guillotines. I'm much smaller than everyone I train with so I'm on my back a lot, but nothing is more satisfying than that shoulder lock from kesa. :D

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

i love the arm triangle...cause it feels so satisflying to apply...but it is TOO easy to counter

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  14. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Armbar and rear naked choke have been my reliables. I wanna improve my triangle and kimura

15. impala

impala New Member

Side Headlock (Kata Gatame), Rear Naked Choke (Hadaka Jime), Front Naked Headlock (Mae hadaka jime) aka. Teh Guillotine...

Sometimes I get a (Triangle) Armbar (Juji Gatame) too.

16. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Seeing as I almost never land a sub I'll go with the one I sometimes get close to landing, the Kimura.

Other than that I do love the triangle, pulled it off once and felt good about it for days afterwards.

17. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

I just recently learned my first submission: Arm bar.

Im not good at it, but i might get better.

I think the arm bar is dandy!