Your Favorite Style of Ninjutsu?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Korpy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

I loved that story! heh heh heh...

Oh, and the whole, "STOP!" thing may have something to do with either rape prevention (I've been told by girls in my freshman class that in high school, when the cops come in to do their "rape prevention" seminars, the girls are instructed to yell, "Stop!" if anyone approaches them) or living in our litigious society. That is, witnesses clearly hear you yell, "Stop!" as you defend yourself, perhaps some kind of "bonus" in court??? Mmmm...I like Nagato's much, much better, however!

--Snake

2. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Satori, read ninpo secrets, by tanemura and learn more about kiaijutsu! Its actually really cool.

I always hated kiais and thought of them to be meaningless tradition. But after witnessing and using the different kiais ive been taught, i think differently.

TOH, EHY, TAH etc have their own uses and just FEEL different.

lol... Yelling "kiai" is like yelling "SCREAM!" "YELL!" "LOUD NOISES!!!"

lol...

3. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Otherwise known as Bruce Dickinson-jutsu. :D

SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH!

(If you're not an Iron Maiden fan you'll not get that one)

4. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

I have the 'Rock in Rio' CD where he yells "Scream for me Brazil!"

Lucky you it's not David Dickinson-jutsu, then you'd have to yell, "Cheap as Chips!" :D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  5. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

I think mine is the polite version :D

6. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

:: sighs ::

q.v. http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32441

First of all, Korpy, yes you were vague. No matter how many times you tell yourself you weren't won't change that fact.

By "style of ninjutsu" I'll have to assume (I have to assume because the question was vague. Yes it was. You were vague. Shhh, yes you were). you mean ryu, such as Togakure-ryu Ninjutsu.

But you may have meant kan, such as the Bujin-kan Dojo (which teaches from Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu).

Then you asked, "Why not both?"

Why not indeed!

Now that we know we can be free to define style as either ryu or kan, I can answer.

I have only trained in Bujinkan style of ninjutsu (which draws from the ninpo of Togakure, Kumogakure, and Gyokkushin Ryuha, as well as some related ryu). Of the ninpo ryu, only bits of Togakure are known by the majority of Bujinkan students.

In light of the above, it seems I am a bit biased when I say that I prefer the Togakure ryu ninjutsu style as taught in the Bujinkan, because I have no other basis of comparison.

I feel confident that this is the best art for me because the training methods and philosophies suit me well and satisfy my desires of what I want martial artistry to mean in my life.

What I have heard of other arts makes them seem less appealing. It is hard to go into specifics based on my limited knowledge, but I believe based on all my research that the Bujinkan is the most complete, authentic, reliable source for true Japanese traditional ninjutsu.

With the growing number of off-shoots and fruads, my confidence in this original source only grows.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Wow, I asked politely to drop it, and youir bring it back up.

Drop it, please, again.....

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Please read what ssh posted again. He has answered your question and he has also pointed out why people asked you to clarify what you had put.

9. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

[busting balls] Drop what? Could you be more specific? [/busting balls]

Your desires and delusions, even when covered by politeness, do not excuse your error.

Get over it.

I'll drop it for now, as things have been properly cleared up, but I reserve the right to pick it or anything else up again anytime I see fit.

That's another thing I like about training in ninpo: It is based on a pragmatic reality, and the study of which trains the mind to see through a lot of BS, and to embrace freedom and naturalness.

If you wish to counter anything I have said, you only need to bring reasoned responses, and if I have been in error, that fact will reveal itself in the course of logical debate.

Carry on.

10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Of so far this thread hasen't reached its purpose, but oh well I guess...... :rolleyes:

11. MattK

MattK New Member

Korpy, if you would give an example of the different styles of ninjutsu we may be able to be more accomodating.

Obviously our efforts so far have been in vien.

To recap:

3 types of legitimate Ninjutsu

Bujinkan
    Genbukan
    Jinenkan

9 Different Ryu ha of which my favourite is maybe koto ryu.

If this dosent satisfy your question, then perhaps an example of what kind of answer you were expecting would help us to reach some level of understanding?

12. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

We HAVE answered your question, Korpy.

Now, let me fill you in on something wonderful about internet message boards.

Because I can't see you, and you can't see me...we have no idea how old, mature, or experienced we really are. The only way we can gauge a person's "worth" is by the tone and content of their posts.

Therefore, even though you are only 15, you DON'T have to present yourself like a 15 year old here. You are able to, through the impact and ingenuity of your posts, present a much more mature, intelligent version of Korpy for our reading pleasure.

If you do this, then people will begin to treat you like an adult and an equal, contributing member of the discussion. You'll make friends, and life will be good.

If you choose to post in a contradictory manner, affecting an arrogant, irritated, disrespectful tone...then no one will take you seriously.

The choice is yours.

Now please, go out and study some Ninjutsu and add your own "Favorite Style of Ninjutsu" to this discussion. I look forward to hearing an intelligent analyzation when you're done :)

May you achieve
    Satori

13. specourt

specourt Hero in a half-wit shell

Would not "STITCH THAT JIMMY" be more appropriate according to culture? :D
    Was that not in your grading Iain? :D

14. gogok.k

gogok.k Valued Member

your favourite style of ninjutsu

Hmmm I wouldnt mind doing Ninjitsu in the future by the time I have my Taekidokai blackbelt, Ninjitsu has some lethal techniques!!! :rolleyes: