Your favorite sparring moment

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by karatekid9811, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

As a 3rd Kyu hearing the satisfying slap of landing a reverse roundhouse on the cheek of a 3rd dan and then wondering at which stage did I pick my foot up to go for that kick.

I swear to god I don't remember lifting my leg and wouldn't have remembered kicking if it hadn't connected. I still remember his shocked face today maybe it was because the top of my head doesn't even clear his shoulder.

2. PlasmaShock

PlasmaShock Valued Member

you obviously havent hear about the phrase, "if everyone gets hurt, there wont be anyone else to train with".

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

one of my favourite competition moments is the final fight at an international tournament abroad. my opponent was a girl who fought dirty and was also encouraged by her coach to continue so. the judge wasn't helping either. he just let it slide several times. but i did win and i was so proud.

4. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Buu Dirty fighters. :woo: :woo:

I am a dirty fighter, but not that much. I only block with my elbows.

But it is cool that you won on you fight.

5. Pumil

Pumil New Member

Favorite sparring moment had to be when I received a spin kick from a girl who had no padding on her feet... I guess it was great to me because I had survived a technique that KO's so many olympic fighters, and here I am a blue belt taking a black belts full throttle kick with no protective covering on my head or her feet and not getting knocked into oblivion! :)

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i can survive the elbows no problem, i find my way around them. but this girl she punched me several times in the head, to be more specific she aimed at my eye and jaw all the time. and this is WTF, meaning no head punches. so whenever she would punch me in the head i kicked her in the head. that was a lot of fun and eventually i KOed here at the result 14:5

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Props to you! Your new name is "Ganite Head"! Having avoided several "near hits" and grazes from those type of kicks my hat is off to anyone that has taken one full force and not gone down. I will try to stay away from them... :eek:

8. ronaldk

ronaldk Valued Member

my master half proudly told me of a time where he fought a very dirty fighter back when he was a plain old blackbelt. the ref wouldn't call ANYTHING. the guy stepped on him, punched him in the face, and even kind of kneed him a couple times. the difference in the points was by a lot in favor of that guy, so the next time the guy punched him, he punched riiight back. given my master was a boxer before his TKD days, the guy went down pretty hard and didn't get back up. lol. you guessed it, my master got disqualified, but he was satisfied. :p

9. Really? You were sparring and she punched?!
    That's despicable.

10. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well, it happens, but i guess she learnt the lesson. hehehehe

11. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

At a grading, I sparred a black belt who clearly out weights me by at least 100 pounds.

I purposefully+intentionally+deliberately took his front kick which hit me in the gut, take the leg and take it to the ground... and this is TKD btw...

12. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

and all that... for your own pleasure or ....?

13. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

That's cool. Did you think of punching pack?

I am not that dirty fighter, but I always wanted to kick someone MT style in the leg during a TKD fight.

I might do it sometime. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

Not exactly my fave but I had a couple of good ones training yesterday.
    1) First of all I threw a beautiful dummy right hand mid-level ridgehand, made the guy drop his guard even though he was out of distance and I kept the momentum going for a right leg turning kick straight to the head. All you can do to an opponent after that is smile.:D
    2) Then against a younger/much shorter/lower belt I simply kept a guard and checked everything he threw at me, while moving slowly forward staring him straight in the face. He was terrified and kept backing away and trying to throw the odd kick at me to make me move backwards as I was doing nothing. Till I closed the distance to just put a verrrrry light obverse punch onto his head. Simple bullying you might think but this is the good bit. He clocked what I was dong to him psychologically and made sure he stuck with me when the groups changed around and as soon as we were up he got over it and held his ground a lot. Mean't I actually had to spar him :)

15. mjn

mjn Valued Member

Where do i start....so many to choose from!

But, i'd have to choose one of these type situations: There's always somebody who thinks that because they scored a point off you, they can take you, and showing you no respect in the process......so, one jump spin side kick later....said person laid on back, rubbing their chest, thinking, "what the hell just happened" :)

16. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Haven't really had many significant sparring moments as I've only done it for a short amount of time, but there have been occasions when sparring with students when I get a kick in the side of the head (if they crouch!) or in the ribs and just hold it there long enough to look them in the eye and smile. :cool:

17. Well I've had mine tonight. Hehehe. Favourite by far.

We had an end of year point-stop sparring tournament. Teams and that. And I won my matches. Then we rotated, adults to kids and back and rotated around to face different partners.

I ended up with this other young blackbelt. So we start sparring and we're jumping, spinning, hitting and falling and still hitting.
    My instructor yells
    "Woah woah! Too much testosterone between these two!"

and sends everyone else to the wall so we have room.

Anyway. We really went for it until we were both exhausted. The whole room went silent and everyone thought we were amazing. :p
    Was just great. When you have that chemistry with someone and can spar with each other and not against each other.

18. tkd_master

tkd_master Human Punchbag

Realising I could dominate a match by staying cool and picking my shots a bit more.