Your Favorite Punch/Kick in Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by KyokushinTraine, May 8, 2004.

1. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

ok, i see now. sounds good

2. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Yea, the move always sounds harder when said then done. :)

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Personally, I don't think there is anything better than the feeling of landing a reverse punch, (gyaku zuki), in someones ribs. :eek:

4. DAWAS

DAWAS Valued Member

its got to be the spining hook kick ive not scored with it much but its feels dam good when ya do.

5. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

There is, Johnny X - it's a gyaku zuki to the face

6. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Best feeling for me is the backfist across the face. When you're angry, just backfist or teep a heavy bag; something that travels horizontally. It just feels good to let go of the anger, instead of controlling it into a linear punch.

7. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

naaa

Done it, hurts your hand, well on my bag it does at least.

8. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

When you're mad, the anger plows right through the pain. It's a lot better than straight punching it, because the bag just absorbs the force. It's just my preference, but yea, it does feel good to hit something with full force.

9. Neo_Hybrid

Neo_Hybrid New Member

frav kick- shuffle/ jumping yoko geri. ive pretty much perfected this and when traing with the pads can send the biggest of them flying. however in competion fighting i tend to use just a front leg yoko geri to stop em in thier tracks.

Frav punch- had to be a strong shuto to the neck. after you connect with this they wont be getting up for a long time!! :D

10. shotokanwarrior

It's spelled Nukite, but I think that 'Nukete' is a whole lot more appropriate - it contains that word 'Nuke' :)

11. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Just tried this one, works better than you'd think. Somehow get your opponent a little jumpy, maybe snappy jabs to the face, etc... Right foot teep to the arm, yes the arm, make it plow through. Then your other foot does a sweep from your left. What happens is the teep knocks the balance off your enemy, then it makes it easier to sweep him. He'll fall down hard.

12. KyokushinTraine

KyokushinTraine New Member

after months of lay off.....and watchd tekken...I think the side kick is pretty strong and powerful too~~
    hehe~~

13. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

mine is the same as his

14. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

my fav punch is a gyakotsuki between the solar plexus and the first abs, that way the punch isn't stopped by whatever fibre and muscle the guy could have and pop! goes the breathing.

my fav kick is the tobe maegeri, if done correctly to the face the guy goes flying and it enables you to kick far higher than normal just bring one knee at shoulder high and jumpkick as high as you can with the other one, but be careful not to kick a plane or something( :mad: bad joke :mad: )

but my all time fav attcak is the nukite, if you aply it with enough kime and in the right place between the abs you could break his muscle tissue if you're strong enough. besides that is the original purpose of nukite, to run the opponent through with your hand(i still wonder: what happens if you literally spear someone with a nukite and your hand goes through the gastric acid?)

Fish Of Doom

15. shotokanwarrior

You would probably just jam your hand and yell with agony.

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i imagine a 10th dan gone mad for some reason and he "nukites" a short person and he can't get his hand out(eeeeeeewwwwwwwww..... nasty) :bang: :bang: :bang:

never mind that

Fish Of Doom

17. KyokushinTraine

well...
    wut about favorite ..... technique...since there is also elbow, knee, head thrust....etc.....

my personal favorite is....knife hand...
    because it can deal beep load of damage if performed correctly....
    secondly....probably eye jab...mainlyl because its cheap and disallowed in tournaments....which means...its a KILLAH move... :D

Profanity filtered text removed. Please don't swear - Gaskell

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  18. Sankukai

Sankukai New Member

It's got to be done fast to score but got me points last club championships...
    Fake a maigeri but don't fully follow through, then as the defenders guard goes down, snap this sharply into a mawashigeri to the head....watching the control of course ?!

S

19. KyokushinTraine

yeah...
    gotta do it under control when practice...
    hehe...!!
    or else...their goes the eye...

20. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

My favorite kick was the spinning back kick, that helped me gain power and WAM, heh i made a kid cry once for doing that strike on him while sparring. My favorite hand attack though is the spinning back fist, man was that an awsome move, but then it takes the time to get it in, the only problem wss that you opponent could see it coming and dodge it.