Your Favorite Punch/Kick in Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by KyokushinTraine, May 8, 2004.

1. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

no, but i've heard of falling on your head and breaking your neck when attempting something like that. :p

2. Stick

Stick New Member

Left hook to the body, left switch kick to the head. :woo:

3. renshinkai

renshinkai New Member

I like a sidekick to the head, then a bck kick to the stomach. It's hard to pull of, but with enough training it's OK.

4. prodigy

prodigy New Member

My favourite kick is my !* Aerial Roundhouse to the head, or fool the person by ironically doing a low aerial roundhouse to the side of the mid section (oblique area).(air roundhouse: Jump high and roundhouse)
    (took me a while to master)
    For punch: A high momentum corkscrew punch is nice.
    Her is one of my almost never used combo ideas:

1.Left leg(or right):high roundhouse - low roundhouse
    2.Turn so your back faces the enemy - Jump(not manditory) - Right leg comes around 180 degrees doing a high crescent kick to the persons left side(head preferably)
    - Use that kicks momentum to perform an outside-inside high left crescent kick
    3. Use that kick's momentum for a spin around backhand punch followed by a momentus left hook.

By the way, does anyone here incorporate "Axe Kick" into their fighting style?
    (I think it's the same or similar to a "Drop Kick" which i am not too familiar with.

5. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

[/QUOTE]By the way, does anyone here incorporate "Axe Kick" into their fighting style?

6. prodigy

prodigy New Member

well anyway, i think that is a fine move to use in your style

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

axe kick is one of these:[​IMG]
    it's a pretty hard technique to get in and score with. i much prefer the big roundhouses and straights.

8. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

kick- switchkick in points sparring
             chudan mawashegeri in a real fight

punches- the good old chop to the neck

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  9. MiyamotoMusashi

MiyamotoMusashi Valued Member

For a hand Technique: Shuto (they are just fun to do, I don't have much success in sparring with them though :( )

Kick: Backkick, same reason as someone stated before; raw power. I have kicked poeple several feet with one of these. (During bag kicking, I wont kick someone like that in sparring.)

10. Hahahaha

Hahahaha New Member

favorite hand technique - ****a tsuki
    favorite kick - mae geri
    why mae geri???
    thats why:
    [​IMG]
    :cool:

11. prodigy

prodigy New Member

is shuto a knifehand to the neck?

do chops to the neck really hurt people like a punch? and are they good in a real fight? they dont seem like a powerful move to me.

lolol:
    my strange friend sharpened his finger nails for stabbing people.

12. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

a chop to the neck will hurt, unless the person you're fighting doesn't have one. a punch to the shoulder doesn't hurt as much as that same punch force applied to your neck or temple, because they're pp's.

13. KyokushinTraine

KyokushinTraine New Member

~~~
    guess it all depneds on where you strike

14. shotokanwarrior

Well done, KyokushinTraine. :)

15. shotokanwarrior

Jesus flipping Christ. That's gotta hurt, or else the uke's abdominals are made of metal.

P.S. Hey, I know a guy called Kanazawa!!!

EDIT: Posted by Kerling:
    Not wishing to start a blazing row, but what is the use of kicking at the lower abdomen? There's a wall of muscle there. Unless you can kick like the guy in the picture?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  16. Ash

Ash Valued Member

But unless you walk around or spar with these muscles tensed all the time they 'ain't gonna' stop you getting the wind knocked of you from a well planted maegeri - I've seen it happen many times... :D

17. prodigy

prodigy New Member

can someone answer me please im kinda interested to know

18. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

A tactic used by kickboxers is execute fast snap-thrust kicks continuously and consistently on the same spot on the abs. By the time the bell rings the third round, the other guy's stomach will be mush and his techniques would not be as accurate or as powerful.

19. Ash

Ash Valued Member

Shuto is a knifehand but I tend to use it more for blocking as it can sweep the attack away and open the opponent up for a counterstrike.

PERSONALLY I don't think I would want to use one as a strike because I don't feel it has enough power behind it. Having said that one of my fellow instructors and I were discussing whether a double handed knifehand strike to an area such as the collarbone would be effective.....anyone ?

:)

20. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

the part of your stomach that is just a tad over your groin (still above the belt) is a bit softer than the top area (the area which crunches build up.)