your favorite muay thai technique

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by killer_kicks88, Oct 4, 2004.

1. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

jumping single knee

time it as they go for a hook and if done correctly the hook hits you in the arm and your knee hits them in the jaw :cool:

i also love climbing up people and kneeing them in the face.i have no idea what it is called but it goes something like this.

left leg on opponents left knee
    right leg on opponents shoulder
    then bring left knee upto the face

whether or not id ever pull it off in a match is a different matter though :D

2. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

killer, my mate has a slam man in his front room, i cant resist kneeing it in the face, im sure the people who live downstairs love me.... :rolleyes:

3. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol i know the feeling! nothing beats a good knee to the face :D

4. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

yeah nothing like it, first thing in the morning, i wake up and knee myself in the face just to get the day off to a good start.... :D :rolleyes:

5. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Seconded man. Awesome kick.

6. muay~thai

muay~thai New Member

spot on! thats what you do!
    :)

7. cityofangels

cityofangels New Member

ah, i can see the gazelle comparison now.... :cool:

8. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

it jumps. thats it. the minute i see a gazelle punhc someone in the facr il agre with you :D

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm definitely getting the feeling that knees are popular! I really like doing any move (within reason :) ) involving mine!

10. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Seeeeeeeriously??????

11. Henrietta_H

Henrietta_H New Member

"Monkey Climbs the Tree" is a move similar to this, although not with the foot on the shoulder! The hands grab the back of the neck to help with the momentum of stepping up off the opponents knee, and to help get the height and speed for the knee strike to the face.

12. ThaiMantis

ThaiMantis New Member

elbows...

..from close up following in from punches or from the clinch.

nothing else has that "crunch" factor in quite the same way.. fast, invisible until it's too late, and show stoppers every time they land properly.

i'm off to elbow my dog now... ;) he loves it.

13. Iain

Iain New Member

Fav move must be flying knee and spinning elbow (Giant rumbles the earth or something weird like that :p).
    Otherwise faking low-kick and sweeping the non-parrying leg is also one of the favs.