Your Favorite Low Budget Training Methods

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dragon Brush, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Hey all,

I'm home from university for the week with no gym membership or punching bag in sight. It's the middle of winter, my lawn is under a foot of snow, and my road is slippery. I pretty much only have access to a cement-floored basement as a training facility. :eek:

What I need from you are some ideas of what I could be doing for hardcore training while I'm home for the week! I've been scrounging the last couple days, but can't find enough stuff to keep me going for more than an hour at a time.

So what are your favorite training methods when you have nothing available? Any help would be great. :cool:

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

100 clap pushup burpees for time.

3. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

I took a trip to Bodyweightculture.com and picked up a bazillion or so variations of burpees, so that should keep me occupied for today, lol. Anyone have anything else? And more resourses?

Even some good old fashion balance exercises and stuff like that would be cool.

4. relish

relish Valued Member

I think your pretty much stuck to bodyweight exercises and skipping etc. if you've got a rope. Could do circuit training style with the bodyweight exercises or tabata them?

5. Leppi

Leppi New Member

Any heavy object can be used for weight training. Just find some bricks, rocks, sandbags, jugs of water, ect. They may be difficult to grip, but thats the fun part of the training. (By fun I mean, forearm crippling)

6. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

sledgehammer, tire,whack it.
    rope,climb it.
    skipping,skip it.
    push ups,push them.
    pull ups,do them.
    wood,chop it.
    sand bag, pick it up,run with it,drop it.
    tire, roll it.
    hammer swing and raise it.
    medicene ball,squat with it,slam it into the floor,swing it,push up on it,throw it between you and a training partner.

www.rossboxing.com is pretty good for home gym malarki.

7. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Towls always work for isometrics. And as mentioned above, just about any heavy object can be used for weight training. Heck, use your computer. :D

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

woman... :eek: ;)

Single leg deadlifts are hard so you could probably find enough weight to be a challenge cluttered about your house. Weighted pushups or plyometric pushups measuring your height somehow.

9. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Here's a fun one (I think I got it from Ross Enamit)

(1) Get jump rope (no matter how broke you are, you can afford a rope)
    (2) Jump 100 time (100 rope turns)
    (3) 10 burpees
    (4) 10 pushups
    (5) 10 sit ups
    (6) 10 squats
    (7) repeat from step (2) 9 more times, no rest.

If you can get through that 10 times you're a champ. I rest for a minute after the 5th set and the 8th set. It's cheap and it will get your blood flowing.

10. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

You beat me to the punch on Ross Enamait's site (don't forget to see rosstraining as well).

He has many great articals on bodyweight and conditioning. Never Gymless is an awesome book and well worth the money.

11. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Modified pushups with medicine ball.
    It will work your shoulders, triceps, chest, and midsection.
    With this you can include regular push ups, sit ups, crunches...

12. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Get a job doing hard, physical, demanding work.

Work it.

Muscles built, problem solved.

13. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Skipping, step ups (using a chair or something), push ups, sit ups, squats, weight lifting........