Your Favorite Kind of Weapon.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Shokku, Oct 8, 2005.

?

What is your favorite type of weapon?

1. Melee blunt..

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Melee bladed.

30 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. Melee chained.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Ranged blunt.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Ranged blade.

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Ranged chained.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Projectile blunt.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Projectile bladed.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Projectile chained. (please post)

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Shokku

Shokku Banned Banned

At first, I was only into blunt weapons - that is, stick weapons. Bos, jos, fighting sticks, etc. But now I'm really eager to learn hook swords.

The hook sword has to be one of the most the most kickarse weapons known to mankind. :-O

Soo, what's everyone's favorite type of weapon. These are the three categories I use when categorizing weapons:

I) Melee
    1) Blunt
    2) Bladed
    3) Chained
    II) Ranged
    1) Blunt
    2) Bladed
    3) Chained
    III) Projectile
    1) Blunt
    2) Bladed
    3) (I can't think of any that are chained..)

A weapon may fall under two or more of the categories, so let me clarify my categorization. A blunt weapon involves no blade or chain. A bladed weapon involves a blade, however no chain. A chained weapon is any weapon with a chain.

The difference between ranged and projectile in my categorization is that a ranged weapon, for example a shuriken, is thrown, and can be retrieved, with no 'ammunition' involved, whereas a projectile weapon, for example a bow, is a weapon which uses 'ammunition', which is unlikely to be retrieved and used again.

Anyway, what is your favorite weapon, and why. Do you know how to use it? Do you own one or more of these?

I know, I have OCD... Oh my god there are two periods after 'Melee blunt'. o_O

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  2. KSprenk

KSprenk be

If I am fighting a guy I will use the weapon with the most range, unles indoors. If I have a choice betwen a stick and a gun, I go with a gun. If I have a choice between a spear and a sword I go with the spear. If I have a choice between a knife and my hands, I go with the knife. Now thats an overall preference that I might not use all the time, for example I wouldnt use a spear indoors. I dont think it is good to have a favorite weapon.

3. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Wakizashi - Melee bladed. However, I still agree with KSprenk with regards to actually using a weapon. Still, isn't it possible to have a favourite weapon to train with and also keep a reality-based mindset?

4. shadowlin

shadowlin New Member

sword - there's just something mystical and poetic about a piece of steel in your hands.

As it was said in Conan, "Nothing in this world can you trust, not men, not beasts, not women... this you can trust" *father taps steel blade*

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Long range - Projectile, blunt, Remington Custom Model 700 "African Plains" .300 Winchester Magnum, 4-50xBausch and Lomb scope, Nosler partition projectiles

Medium range - Projectile, blunt, Kimber Custom 1911 .45 ACP, Crimson Trace Grips,

Short range - Melee, Bladed. So much depends on the situation...

6. Shokku

Shokku Banned Banned

Aren't a lot of other weapons made from steel?

7. Shokku

Shokku Banned Banned

That's specific. I'll have to look that up.

Grrr. I just noticed another typo in my poll. >=( "Ranged blade." rather than "Ranged bladed." *sigh*

8. Topher

Topher allo!

Wacking Stick :D

9. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

ok.....this is like the umpteenth bajillion thread on this subject.........please just do a search and add to one of themany threads on this......

10. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Ideally id enjoy a flanged mace but it depends on if im strong enough for it. Thats for most fighting. In an open field a bow and arrow or a sword would be good because im not so good with the whole fast hacky thing but better with the more slow and flowing strokes. A claymore or a Flanged Mace basically if im strong enough for either :D

11. Cudgel

I would certainly hope you are strong enough to weild less than 4 pounds of steel :D

12. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I can swing around 4 pounds of steel but to the extent that I can handle it effectively comes into question. I should be able to, but you know... a claymore is rather big :D

13. Cudgel

well i was more refering to the mace being that they tened to be less than 4 pounds.
    But you know if you are refering teh claymore I think you are its also a two handed so its bit easier to more....just needs to be wel blanced. I got a 4 pound messer that moves like a freight train, partly because im a scrawny dude but also because its not the best blacned hunk of steel out there. And its rather short and stumpy too.

14. shootodog

shootodog restless native

my favorite type of weapon? something that i can use to hurt another.

15. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

either a bearded or walking axe.

shaft around the length of a walking stick with a single head, useable either one or two handed.

I dont like double headed weapons or axes where the blade curves up past the top of the hilt as they prevent pushing and double bladed ones prevent blunt bashing.

16. battlestone

battlestone New Member

my faveriot is the sword(any knid of sword)
    but I train to use any weapon i might find.
    One of the coolest is my steel razor edged playing cards, if i winn every hand no one argues !?! lol!

17. Sojiro

Sojiro New Member

i would like to say the kusari-gama, but seeing as i've never used one before, i would have to go with a meteor hammer. projectile chain pwnz!

18. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Very hard to use properly mate. Takes a lot of patience and timing to get it right, and then you have to learn how to use it against an enemy correctly. Chigiriki (4' staff with 3' weighted chain) is even harder to use.

19. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Amen to that. I did a half hour lesson in it once and found that timing was incredibly crucial to execute techniques correctly.

My instructor told me half its effectiveness was the fact that no one wants to go near you when you've got the chain twirling.

It's a pretty fun weapon though :love:

20. RR1

RR1 Man Who Would Be Pharoh

My favorite is Duel axes, (an axe in each hand). Technically Melee bladed but can always become a projectile :cool: