Your Current Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, Aug 13, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

what kinda rep/set parameters you using?

2. ManabiMashoMan

ManabiMashoMan Banned Banned

I don't lift weights per say, I use my wife and pick her up in a firemans carry and kneel down with legs bent and walk as far as I can. It's murder on the legs they shake so bad, but I only do that exercise once per day due to the muscle fatigue it gives. Usualy I hold her up for nearly 30 mins and walk in circles, at a slow pace.

I do these other exercises daily.

Jumpingjacks 300 per set (atleast 2 sets per day, depends on how busy I am)

200 Flipping Falls (this is where you do a flip and land on in a side fall, I do it on grass, cement, hard wood floor, its like doing being thrown then doing a sit up because when you get up your doing a sit up)

Punches in the air Left then Right, I don't count them I usualy play music and do them for about 1 hour straight.

Double Punches in Air. This is a exercise that I learned for building speed up. Basicaly you punch out with both hands in the air and bring them back to your chest, do them super fast and for about 10 minutes is not easy. A smoker can only do about 30 double punches in 20 seconds and normaly they can't do them longer then 3 minutes due to lung capacity

Strecthes- I noticed noone does stretches...hmmm I don't know any weightlifting trainer that would even allow lifting without firs stretching. But I do a 15 min series in the mourning when i wake up.

I have alot of self made special equipment, most of you have probably never heard of, but I use them because they replicate doing a move to a person. I have a 150 pound 5.7 punching bag that I use for coming in on and doing hip throws. I do about 100 per day. I also have a wooden dummy set that I use for speed drills for about 3-15 mins a day.

By the time I have done the following I have no more time, Im a husband and father, On Sundays I normaly get up and run 1 mile. But that comment about not using weights and you get floop sided is very funny to me. I have never heard anyone say that, most people who can bench thier weigth or squat it over 5 times are usualy very very round and very slow. Id rather be fast and hit a guy 100 times in 1 minute then just punch a few times hoping to do a 1 hit knock out.

For those seeking traditional training research what Japan, and China styles used ..you will find very few actualy lifted weights.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  3. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

A weight lifting routine suited to the martial artist, will make you MUCH faster.

I can bench my over my own weight and squat it over 10 times. And I'm not excatly "round" and deffinitly not slow.

And still getting faster :D

Bottom line, if you lift correctly for the martial arts, you are going to get faster.

4. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

My program, which I have named KISS:

Monday- Bench & Row (8x3)
    Tuesday- Power Cleans (3x8)
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursday- Dips & Pullups (3x8) weighted for both
    Friday- Deadlifts (8x3)
    Saturday- Off/100 reps to bigger muscles by Waterbury
    Sunday- Off

Then the next week, it flips. 8x3 days become 3x8 days, and 3x8 days become 8x3.

5. fixationdarknes

fixationdarknes Valued Member

Squat.

6. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I think hes alternating between squats and deadlifts in his routines. This way you can really focus on improving one. It also happens to be what im doing.

7. fixationdarknes

fixationdarknes Valued Member

I see. Well I know that wouldn't work for me, but we're all different.

8. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

5x3 for the heavy sets. 3x8 for the isolation sets. 5x5 for everything else.

9. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

LOL, sorry... LOL

Christ's sake, of course we do stretches, anyone who didn't stretch that was a member of MAP would soon learn that they should be stretching, it's strongly advocated.

Sorry but you're coming across as seriously snobbish now.

Now you've stepped the line. How dare you try to establish that you are awesome, completely misinterpret what I say and then try to dis me about it, if you were paying attention you would of realised (hopefully) that I was talking about muscular imbalances in the body, for example from just doing pressups and situps you're gonna do your lower back in. And is the generalisation that you give based on anything or is it just completely made up on what you think huge people are like.

I'm sure you'll also find very few met their daily caloric requirements, I'm sure you'll find very few always exercised with full ROM, I'm sure you'll find very few used protein shakes, I'm sure you'll find very few used the best training to meet their needs! I'm getting so sick of this narrow mindset that even as 21st centure MAists we should train like people did thousands of years ago, of course some of it is still relevant, some still works, but some DOESN'T !!

That is all :)

10. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

Did your wife know what she was signing up for when she married you? :D

Seriously though, how on earth did you get her to agree to be carried around by you for half an hour each day? Also, what do you do when she becomes too light, ask her to gain weight? :D

11. Maverick

Maverick New Member

You'll also find that they suck, and are way too skinny.

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Side lunges roxor i havent done them before, i feel i can bounce about like a cat.

13. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Prophet said what I'm doing. My goal is to get work on deads more since I've neglected them for a VERY long time. And if I can figure out a way to squat without a power rack and without killing myself, I'll go into squatting after I'm done with deads (won't drop them, but just keep them at maintenance). I do do hack squats every so often and try to get the best ROM possible though.

14. republiksyawyan

republiksyawyan New Member

Well to clarify some things the reason I take supplements that contain and are meant in creating hormones is because a it will help you get bigger,stronger,and heal faster. Properly stacked with other supplements hormone inducers can become a great aid.

I dont do body building so I dont see why I should inject 7mg of hgh into my system a day or cycled,besides to much hgh and bad side effects occur.

But if you guys dont believe me here is a great link for me to help you guys out with.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclegain.htm

Alot of reading but knowledge is power.

15. flaming

flaming Valued Member

How come i can add a sonte to my weighted pull ups or dips and be healed in a day, but if i try a new exercise it takes ages? Well i did side lunges for the first time and my legs still hurt, if other people experience this with other exercises how long does it take till i adapt to it.

16. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

^^^^, perfectly normal, the first time you punish your legs in a new way they're gonna be like "What the..?" They'll get used to it. You usually hurt a bit first day into a new program. Especially lunges.

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Thanks for the reasurance, I think i should be ok once i do them again tommorow.

18. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Maybe, it might take a bit longer to get used to it, what kind of rep scheme have you got, around the 10s for hypertrophy, that... hurt... long... time

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

10, 5 each side, 3 times for lunges.

I should of remembered first time i did the ab roller wheel on my toes i ached for about 5 days, but then the next time i did them i was ok, well it only took 48hours maybe less for me to recover. Next time i do a new exercise i will anticipate this and buy a new computer game or something. Dragonflags will be my next one, which i will hopefully be able to try in uni when i should have access to a bench (and ill just hope i dont get any funny looks.)

I dont want hypotherapy, arrghh. Look at my routine for the legs bit. is ten reps too high for my legs, if i want minimal hypotherapy. I chose ten because bruce lee did 8-12 on.

20. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Mate, I get funny looks when I do farmers walks, if I did dragon flags, I'd get asked to leave.

You dont want hypotherapy? LOL :D , neither do I, but if you meant hypertrophy, don't be afraid... You're not gonna lose flexibility or speed, especially if you're not eating enough to get huge. See, doing what Bruce did blindly isn't that great. But if your goals are more strength based, and you've been weight lifting for more than about 6 months, step down the reps to about 5 ish.