Your .02 on anti-immigration laws.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TheDarkJester, Nov 15, 2006.

1. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

2. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

i totally agree with you now they need to do something about the scum loards who rent out as section 8 housing. i'm not saying that sect. 8 housing should be eliminated but the scum loards should be accountable for the peolpe renting their houses. where i live there is a growing number of houses being bought up by scum loards then they rent them out and they don't care what happens to the house because they are getting the money every month from the gov. the houses are run downed, not taken care of, and the drop the value of the surrounding homes. the scum loards don't care that the house is being destroyed because the gov. gives him the money to fix it up then the cycle repeats itself. soory for being long winded but this really pi** me off. the fines should be high enough to deture these scum loards from renting to just anybody. :bang:

3. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Now there's a post that really means it.

4. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

thank you can i get a amen :)

5. TheDarkJester

Yeah... not quite what the link was about.. Farmers branch is actually a nice suburb of Dallas.. But I feel you on what you're saying...

Personally, I feel illegal aliens should ZERO rights.. They are here in this country illegally.. If someone barged into your home uninvited and demanded medical attention, your food and your bed... would you be all "SURE COME ON IN!" or would you promptly pull out the 12 guage, **** it and say nothing?

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well, it's like this: I don't know what's going on in Mexico, but I know that (1) 12 months of the year people walk across the desert from Mexico into Arizona, and (2) even the dumbest of dumb people knows that's intensely dangerous for your health. Things must be very bad for people to constantly be walking across the desert. Very bad.

And then I take notice that only by the luck of the cosmos was I born on this side of an arbitrary line in the dirt, instead of on that side. Blind luck.

And then I think to myself that if life is really THAT bad in Mexico, then hell, I'd probably be walking across the desert too! Let's be real!

And then I ask myself, shouldn't I do to them what I would want them to do for me in that situation? I answer "yes." Golden Rule, you know. You've heard the Golden Rule.

After all that I conclude that we should open the border the same as our Canadian border. Make them the same. (The Canadian border is open.) "Be nice to your neighbors," you know. Treat them the way you want to be treated. It's not their fault they were born on the wrong side of an arbitrary line in the dirt.

7. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

how about losing your job to someone who gets payed 1/3 of what you get paid. these companies doing this are the problem.

8. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

And there are some situations where I would willingly commit homicide, doesn't mean I think it should be legal.

9. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Amen bro, I'm sick of seeing illegals get work in my field and doing a crappy job of it while getting paid less. Keeps the true and skilled tradesmen out of work.

On the other hand, I love that they suck so bad because I always get alot of money to fix their f-ups.

As for immigration, you want to come into this country do it legally, apply like an honest person and become an upright contributing citizen...

10. TheDarkJester

But they're not doing the same for us... We're giving them an inch and they're taking a mile! This isn't your neighbor walking over, knocking on your door and asking to borrow a cup of sugar, or flour, or maybe a candle since their power went out... This is your neighbor climbing over your fence, through your back door and stealing what is yours.

Dude I have hispanic friends.. one of my closest friends is Venezuelan, but he came to this country by legal means. He does not steal from the system, he contributes to it. Why should we let those who exploit others who have no business in even being in this country to make a buck? Why should we term one thing illegal and then disregard it as if to say its okay? Its illegal for a reason.. You wouldn't hesitate to bust a thief, murderer or rapist.. So how can you condone someone who is stealing from you and your family, and all of us for that matter?

11. aikiMac

Puh-leeze, the people who come here illegally later become my clients. They're not taking American jobs. :rolleyes:

I missed the part about them being thieves. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  12. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

BS

Yes they are, to say they aren't is naieve, I see it all to often.

13. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

their not taking our jobs? landscapers,construction, steel workers etc... i have a friend who is a stee worker and he was sent to las vegas for work and he said that 70% were illegals and if you left any tools ungarded they would be gone in a blink of an eye. who did it well the legal people were the ones with their own tools and the illegals did'nt have there own.how can you say they are not taking american jobs. MH and dj said it right do it legally and then there would'nt be as many problems

14. aikiMac

What jobs?

15. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

see my last post!

16. Gearhead13

Gearhead13 New Member

I could understand this if you actually attempted to speak English, tried to get citizenship, and tried to work your way up in the world. The majority of the ding bats I've ran into don't care about our country and what the laws are. Yeah, they work their asses off for nothing, good. We need ditch diggers every where, but make em at least earn the right to stay here or something of that sort.

17. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Look at g-bells post.

It is a very common thing for illegals to get the jobs of skilled tradesmen because they work for less and don't need to be payed benefits.
    Their work is vastly inferior, and poorly/cheaply done, which keeps work from those who take pride in doing their work properly and efficiently.

There is a growing trend amongst contractors that any foreigner must have full and complete citizenship with references to their character to be employed, since so few do, we do not employ them or allow them access to any part of our sites. Keeping the jobs and money for legal americans, making sure the work is done properly and correctly and keeping our reputation pure.

18. aikiMac

In other words, Americans are too dumb to hire people who know how to do the job. :rolleyes: I'm terrified by these illegal workers.

Turn it around: I know people who want to hire Americans but can't because factually there are not enough Americans applying for the jobs. If every single employee was a bona fide US citizen, the business would collapse for lack of a sufficient number of employees. Sometimes there aren't enough American workers. The easiest example of this problem is the farming industry.

And the union requirement, too.

Ya, I'm shaking in my boots that illegal Mexicans are ruining the job field by (1) taking jobs that Americans are not applying for in the first place, and (2) doing such shoddy performance that golly, nobody wants to hire them back! :rolleyes: Terrifying, man.

19. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I take it you are a contractor and so know all about this?

That's a shame because you're wrong on much of this post and just look ignorant of the facts

20. HBKirishwarrior

HBKirishwarrior Valued Member

That happens to me twice in my early 20's.. After HS, i got job at woodshop and stay there for 2 years, got laid off and got replaced by mexicans. Then 6 mths later, got a job at another woodshop. 7 months later, got laid-off and got replaced by mexican again (they're paying them less what I make an hour)..

I am on that law side.. My ancestor came here from Ireland in early 1930's and made themselves a legal american citizen and learn to speak and write english. They should do the same thing. I have no problem with them entering US, after all, it's a great country, however, if you wish to enter US, at least, make youself a legal and pay taxes like all of us and adapt our speaking language. I shall not learn to speak or write spanish for you as it is USA, not Spain or Mexico..

As an proud American citizen with Irish heritage, i speak and write english like a real american would do and still keep Irish heritage.. There is no reason for illegal immgriation not to.. If they refused to do, then they are un-american and a cancer to our society.

If that is extreme to illegal, too bad... You have worn out your welcome..