You tube has killed the martial arts. LOL

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Zannen!, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyRXmM8x9U"]YouTube[/ame]

2. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8HchA1_As&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]
    Ok this is cool please move it to where ever. I miss this show.   :D

3. Toddryavenger

Toddryavenger New Member

That was sad, but the fight was...interesting. Anybody watching UFC 75 tonight? Champion vs. Champion?

If im not supposed to talk about it here just say so.

4. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Yes, I am but take that to the MMA section.

5. Toddryavenger

Toddryavenger New Member

No prob, Bob.

6. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

That second movie was the most convincing one i´ve seen so far, why MMA is maybe not such a good idea for practical selfdefence. He nearly split that guys skull open while the other guy tried to do what? Get his wrist?

Best Regards / Skuggvarg

7. SWEHurricane

SWEHurricane Valued Ninjer

Yeah, but I don't think you can call that a self defence scenario. In real self defense it's enough to just get out of there, these guys were trying to "win a fight", and it just happened to be that they were not in a the octagon, and not wearing protective gear.

They were both professional fighets aswell (even if they didn't act accordingly), fights like that don't occur to often on the street. So in my opinion, any type of martial art can be used effectively for self defense. But in this case, it's no wonder it got a little messy.

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

That was NOT self-defense, thank you very much. That was a couple of thugs engaging in an alpha male ****ing contest who deserved to have their asses kicked off the show. You get picked out of hundreds of guys, the chance to work with phenomenal pro fighters, and you blow it because you're an idiot. It's guys like them who make the rest of us look bad...

9. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

I have to wait to down load it. I can't get it here. :(

10. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

I agree, they are supposed to be athletes, but acted like high schoolers, it is a shame for the sport.

11. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Tequila + "let's have us a street fight" is a recipe for disaster, ignoring the fact that two grown men given the opportunity of a lifetime acted like 14 year old boys on national television.

.... but why is this in the Ninjutsu forum?

12. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

It's actually a good example on how important sub defense can be in a street fight. Had the guy getting armbarred not known how to properly defend an armbar and then successfully accomplish what you're NOT supposed to do (try to slam while in an armbar....often that just helps the guy on the bottom tighten the submission even worse) he would have gotten his arm broken had it been a "real" street fight to the finish.

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol... funny clip.
    Seriously... it was a punch up. Big deal. What did everyone expect these guys to do?
    Slap and tickle?:D

Whether or not the guy could have pulled off an armbar in a streetfight remains to be seen. He couldn't pull it of here where he was getting his head slammed into the concrete... I don't know that's he's going to pull it off in t3h str33t. Granted trying to yank the arm out generally isn't going to work in your favor.

A few guys have a punch up... alcohol is involved... countless knuckleheads on the sidelines egging it on... it's not like it's the first time we've ever seen it happen.:p

I couldn't help but thinking that both fighters looked a little bit half hearted in this little scuffle. Because let's face it... that's all it was... a little scuffle.

I still have no idea why this is in the Ninjutsu forum. Have they merged the MMA/BJJ and Ninjutsu forums? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  14. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Blood, Death and the lamentations of their women.

He looked real slick with his subs to me. The other guy was just better at stopping them IMO. I wish I could move from a guillotine to an armbar that effortlessly. Then again armbars from the guard really aren't my thing.

I forgot they were drunk. Even funnier now. Considering the situation and their intoxicated state, I'm surprised their technique looked that clean :p

MMA sux for teh street! Face it! See where the guy in the white shirt got dropped onto the stone framing of the garden? His spine should have broke from the impact, but he's spent so many years pretending that things like that don't work that when it actually happened he didn't even notice. He should have given up right there and admitted that his spine was broken.

No, this is officially the battle zone for LARPing apologists and MMA meat heads.

15. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Sorry my bad I put it here. If you can move it please do, but it still is interesting say the least.

16. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Neo-Ninja

damnit... they took down the video :(

17. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Doing It "Live"

I found a good example of ganseki otoshi used successfully on a noncompliant opponent, outside the dojo in the real world. The smaller guy starts the fight; the bigger guy does the ganseki (about 40 seconds in) and then pins him; smaller guy ultimately escapes the sub attempt and wins:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vvkloC-Ac"]YouTube[/ame]

18. slipthejab

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

They didnt seem to be training alive Dale!! :D

20. slipthejab

niiiiiiiiiiiice... the smaller guy was noticeably smaller as well. :D