You reckon this will work?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Knight_Errant, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

http://community-2.webtv.net/Ironco/THEHIDDENSECRETOF/index.html

It seems too good to be true. I don't honestly know whether to call BS or not. I've half a mind just to give it a go- it wouldn't require a huge investment of time or energy and I can then pronounce with some authority that it does/doesn't work. If I was to do it, I'd do it with the turkish getup. What do we all think?

2. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I have read about some strongmen doing things like this for certain exercises, examples are adding a little bit of sand in the bucket for each workout and for grip work adding tape to the bar instead of weight on each workout.

I don't think that in the long run it will work. You would be trying to force a linear increase in strength over a long period of time. Eventually the natural cycle will kick in and you will make wavelike progress. Thomas Kurz in his book Science of Sport Training talks a little about this.

3. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

Well, it sounds credible. I could see it working, but it does sound too good to be true. I'd just say progression in the regular workouts>this. If I were to do it, I'd do it with squats.

4. madknight

madknight Valued Member

lol give it a go and get back to us when your done